Market Assistant - West Midlands - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 9efc55
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
West Midlands - This Area Only
£10.83 - £12.69/hour
Unspecified (Full time)
Job Title: Market Assistant
Salary: £ - £ p/h
Working Week: 37 hours over 5 days
We are proud to be working alongside Sandwell Council to help recruit a Market Assistant to assist the Markets manager in the day to day activities of the Market Service. The role is based in West Bromwich, but will be working throughout the Borough, and is based on 37 hours per week, over a 5 day shift pattern, including Saturday. Public holiday’s and Sunday’s may be required occasionally. We are looking for someone who is dependable, able to work on their own initiative and confident to enforce regulations, assertively, but fairly and consistently.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Allocation of stalls, cash collecting and accounting.
* Liaison with market traders, customers and the public.
* The daily management and enforcement of market regulations, throughout the Borough.
* Working in an office, and outdoors on the markets.
* Driving from one market to another, within the Borough.
Skills & Abilities
* Must have good cash handling and basic accounting skills.
* Good IT skills, particularly when using computerised accounting systems.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Willing to spend a major part of the working day outdoors, in all weather conditions.
* Must have a full driving licence, with access to own car/van, with class 1 business insurance.
Please submit your CV via the link, and one of the team at HancoxRead will be in touch