Elephant & Castle, Greater London, England
Unspecified (Part time)
Please note this is a temporary role, starting ASAP, ending 17th December 2021
This is a part time role ` hours a week
Are you an organised and experienced administrator, with excellent record keeping and minute taking skills, looking to use your talents to benefit students and colleagues that support them?
Do you have sound knowledge of data protection, confidentiality and a keen eye for detail and accuracy?
Can you handle sensitive data and remain calm, kind and respectful when faced with others’ distressing circumstances?
Are you able to work to tight timeframes and an excellent team player?
We’re a small, friendly, busy team looking for an administrator and note taker who can support us in supporting students.
Purposes of the post
To provide robust administration support to the Student Wellbeing teams (Disability & Dyslexia Support and Mental Health & Wellbeing) with a focus on administering our Safety Concern Response Meeting, Fitness to Study meetings and complex case meetings.
The post holder will carry out a wide range of tasks which will include:
- Organising and attending meetings with colleagues across the university and occasionally external stakeholders
- Keeping accurate, objective and succinct notes at meetings discussing students safety and university interventions
- Tracking agreed actions and working with colleagues to ensure actions are taken in a timely and proactive manner
- Participating in activities to develop and enhance the Student Wellbeing Service and its administrative processes
MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the Head of Wellbeing, Disability Manager and Mental Health and Wellbeing Manager in supporting the smooth running of our services
- Taking and circulating minutes
- Developing and maintaining record-keeping systems, including those that contribute to the safety of students
- To take responsibility for the appointment system, developing and maintaining a clinic-style rota, room bookings and maintaining a calendar of student support sessions and training events.
- To coordinate invitations for meetings, take accurate minutes in complex student case discussions, and circulate meeting documents.
- To take responsibility for filing, storage and ordering equipment, stationary and supplies as required
- To coordinate requests relating to student complaints, Freedom of Information Act requests and Subject Access Requests
* Specialist knowledge/qualifications
- Relevant qualification, training, and/or experience in administrative support
- Advanced knowledge of; MS Office Word, PowerPoint, Email, tailored business systems or case management software (Maximizer CRM desirable)
- Knowledge of MS teams, Onedrive and Sharepoint
- Broad knowledge of disability and mental health issues and provision
* Relevant experience (administration and record keeping)
Demonstrable experience of:
- Having an organised and systematic approach to administrative duties, reporting, and record keeping
- Ability to record and track conversations and action points in a succinct, accurate and timely manner
- Experience of recording sensitive, confidential and/or complex personal information (ideally in Higher Education, or statutory services . health or social care)
- Providing administrative support and dealing with queries in a customer focussed, caring and inclusive environment
- Dealing with sensitive and frequently complex personal information and maintaining confidentiality in line with relevant policies and procedures
- Maintaining records accurately and consistently in accordance with relevant policies and procedures
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of relevant regulations and services, internally and externally, in order to deal effectively with enquiries
- Contributing to the development of services and systems to meet customers’ needs and helping to identify ways of improving standards
* Communication skills and teamwork
- Communicates effectively orally, in writing and/or using visual media
- Experience of dealing sensitively with people who may be in difficulty or distress
- Works collaboratively in a team and where appropriate across or with different professional groups
* Organisation and planning
- Able to manage own workload to plan, prioritise and organise effectively to meet deadlines and objectives
- Able to work effectively in a busy environment both remotely and on campus
* Student Experience/Customer Service
- Provides a positive and responsive student/customer service
* Creativity and problem solving
- Uses initiative or creativity to resolve problems
- Approaches problems proactively
- Can understand the boundaries of their role and is able to distinguish when to make a decision, seek advice and/or refer issues to other colleagues/managers
* Equality, diversity, and inclusivity
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to, equality and diversity, and its practical application