Teaching Assistant Mental Health | Zoek
Teaching Assistant Mental Health
Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
£70 - 75 per day
Contract (Full time)
Vision for Education are recruiting on behalf of a Special School in East Leeds that caters for pupils aged between 4 and 16 with Social, Emotional and Mental Health issues as well as Mild Learning Disabilities and Autism. This school are looking for people to start immediately and from January to work with their pupils as a Teaching Assistant on a long term/permanent basis. The successful candidate will be tasked with working with small classes of between 4-7 pupils which will be made up of pupils aged between 4-16 under direction of the class teacher. The responsibilities of a Teaching Assistant at this school are as follows are as follows: supporting the class teacher to deliver work in accordance with the national curriculum, supporting the class teacher to manage behaviour, supporting pupils on a one to one basis, contributing to record keeping, liaising with parents and multidisciplinary teams and attending school trips/outings. We are interested in speaking with people that have had 6 months minimum experience working in a similar setting with young people that have mental health issues, learning disabilities and autism and this could be at a similar school, residential care home or supported living etc. As well as experience, we need people who are energetic, flexible, positive and patient who can demonstrate empathy and the ability to build relationships with young people.
Vision for Education are committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality Primary, Secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
- £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply:
If you can enthuse, motivate and engage the most hard to reach students, and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website with your CV, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please call Liam Ffrench on#########
Posted 14 days ago