Teaching Assistant | Zoek
Blandford Forum, Dorset, England
£9.50 - 9.50 per hour + pension
Permanent (Full time)
Teaching Personnel are currently seeking a Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant to work at one of our local school’s in Blandford Forum. The school is a Pupil Referral Unit which provides education for those pupils who have been permanently excluded from mainstream school. The school offers an alternative to mainstream school for students within a geographically defined zone. They provide a flexible, individual package of education which reflects the interests of the student.
As a Teaching Assistant you will be working within the class to support the class teacher with their lessons, you will be working alongside a team of support staff in class, and you will be working on a 1-1 basis with SEN students.
To be successful in this role it is desirable if you:
- have experience working within a school setting
- have experience working with children and/or adults with learning difficulties including ADHD, SEMH and ASC.
- have a good understanding of Special Educational Needs, or a willingness to learn
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the role of a Teaching Assistant in a special needs school
- Have the ability to engage pupils in their learning and support them in their social, emotional and personal wellbeing
The successful candidate must:
- be nurturing and enthusiastic
- be enthusiastic and positive
- be resilient
- be confident working with challenging behaviour
Working as a Teaching Assistant for Teaching Personnel offers the following benefits:
- Specialist Recruitment Consultant dedicated to finding you work
- Flexible work in schools local to you
- Access to our CPD Academy
- Pension Scheme
- Weekly Pay (GBP9.50 an hour)
- Refer a Friend Scheme
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Posted 4 days ago