Manager, Mid Market - Business Recovery Services | Zoek
Manager, Mid Market - Business Recovery Services
Manchester - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Do you want the opportunity to work for one of the World’s largest Professional Services firms?
Collectively, they deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and they provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business.
Working within Business Recovery Services, as a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive situational and industry experience, helping clients solve complex business issues, from strategic planning and stakeholder management to execution and implementation.
Whatever the solution, you’ll help manage road blocks until the job is done.
The business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for clients.
About the role
In joining, you'll join a team of c.55 people, acting as advisors to support clients and lenders with various services, including review and challenge of cash flow forecasts and business plans, identifying options to underpin a viable business strategy, finding ways to reduce costs within the business, restructure the balance sheet or refinance to find an alternative source of capital to support their business objectives.
Other areas within our Business Recovery Services, with which there will be opportunity to work, include supporting clients with operational restructuring, corporate simplification, debt advisory, services to the public sector, pensions advisory, real estate and Accelerated Mergers & Acquisitions.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Working in and often leading small project teams for bespoke clients and situations, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Be involved in the critical financial analysis of client forecasts and client business plans to underpin an improvement in forecast performance
- Assess and develop options based on financial analysis, and project manage these to deliver a solution for a client
- Engage in often complex stakeholder discussion and negotiation to support a client strategic objective
- Producing reports / presentations to a range of clients and stakeholders, across both advisory and executory (ie insolvency) appointments
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients and be prepared to network with potential new clients, lawyers and lenders
- Contribute to the development of your own and your team's technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges in innovative ways, bringing new technology to client situations
- Assist in the management and delivery of larger projects in complex and bespoke client situations, working cross-Line-of-Service with other teams
- Train, coach, and supervise staff
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues, and have the opportunity to take an interest in specific industries / sectors
Essential skills and experience
The following skills are required for this role
- Preferred - ACA/ACCA qualified
- Sound financial analytical skills, including use of Microsoft Excel
- Strong commercial awareness and a genuine interest in how businesses work
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable communicating with all levels
- Flexibility in terms of diverse industries and role
- Willingness to participate in marketing and business development
- A commitment to continued personal development
- Proven project and time management skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility where required as to working location
- Report writing skills including use of Microsoft Powerpoint (Including Smart preferred but not essential)
Who we are looking for
Ambitious and enthusiastic people to join the team, with the ability to communicate at any level or grade. You are someone who is keen to learn, who can think on their feet, and apply their knowledge in a pressurised working environment.
Posted 13 days ago