Building Services Engineer | Zoek
Building Services Engineer
Greenock, Inverclyde, Scotland
excellent pension, bonus & flexitime
Permanent (Full time)
My manufacturing client, based in Greenock is a global leader in their respective field and are looking to recruit a Building Services Engineer to provide mechanical support to their on-site Facilities team. They are experiencing high growth and on an exciting journey. This position is 40 hours per week, 08:30am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday and includes Flexi-time.
The successful candidate may come from a background as a Mechanical/ Reliability or Maintenance Engineer. You will assist in the operation of the site's mechanical infrastructure to ensure reliable and cost-efficient delivery of services to support all site activities.
The post holder will be developed to become the system owner for all mechanical systems on site and will be expected to be involved in all aspects of the sites day to day activities, including, but not limited to; maintenance, repair, replacement of mechanical plant & equipment, plant / system analysis, design review, problem solving, specification/procedure preparation and project management.
- At least a working knowledge of most of the following systems; ventilation and air conditioning, extract/local exhaust ventilation systems.
- Further knowledge/experience of refrigeration; steam / hot water generation and distribution; pumped water systems would also be an advantage.
- A basic understanding of Building Management Systems.
- General awareness of standards & best practices with respect to mechanical building services.
- Ability to understand and digest engineering drawings, design specifications and technical literature.
- Computer literate and conversant with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills across a variety of levels and disciplines.
- Ability to identify priorities and manage multiple activities.
- Knowledge of energy monitoring and targeting techniques and developing energy saving opportunities on typical building services plant and equipment would be a distinct advantage.
You will receive day-to-day guidance /development from the Facilities Engineering Manager as required. My client are also huge advocates of personal development and training and will fund and support the successful incumbent on a regular basis.
Ideally you will have a good degree in Building Services, Mechanical Engineering, Maintenance or Energy Engineering. However, applicants with an HNC HND and demonstrable experience will also be considered.
Annual holiday entitlement will be 33 days, increasing by 1 day after 4 years' service and 3 days after 10 years' service
Group Personal Pension Plan (14% combined)
Private Health Care Plan
Discretionary Bonus Scheme
On-site Gym facility
Ride to work scheme
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Posted 18 days ago