Paralegal - Grimsby | Zoek UK | a4064e
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Closing Date: 19/09/21
**An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal to join the Recoveries department in our Grimsby Office.
Wilkin Chapman is one of the largest law firms in Lincolnshire and South and East Yorkshire regions, with an unrivalled breadth and depth of expertise and experience.
We are distinguished by our approachability, innovation and commitment to providing the ...
The role involves working as part of a team managing a volume of cases on the debt recovery case management system, producing letters and emails, court issue and enforcement documents.
The successful candidate will have excellent customer care skills as you will be liaising with clients and debtors over the telephone and in writing on a high volume caseload whilst maintaining files and ensuring deadlines are met.
Duties will include
- Taking personal responsibility to proactively consider conduct risk for ourselves and our clients during performance of the role and in accordance with the highest professional standards at all times. Accountable for following company procedure and policies; operating in accordance with all conduct risk processes and to ensure that knowledge is refreshed regularly by attending departmental or individual training sessions.
- Following and embracing the Firm’s commitment to “Treating Customer’s Fairly” (“TCF”) to ensure that all of our client’s customers are treated fairly and with dignity and respect so that those customers can be confident that when dealing with Wilkin Chapman LLP we are a firm where the fair treatment of customers is central to our culture. Consider our client’s customers at all times ensuring a high level of service is delivered and the right outcome achieved for both parties.
- Maintaining all electronic and paper files in a neat and orderly state and ensure that each file is reviewed at least once in every 2 month period unless there is a valid reason marked on the file for not so doing.
- To operate computerised debt case management system to create documents and letters and provide all information to clients.
- Regularly update clients as to the current situation of their case.
- Dealing with routine and difficult enquiries from telephone callers and clients effectively and efficiently and ensure that all client enquiries are dealt with both professionally and promptly to the complete satisfaction of the client.
- Process, record and account for payments received either from the on-line payment system, via bank transfer, cheque or card payments.
- Undertake preparation of court proceedings and utilise workflows on the case management software, under supervision of the Head of Department.
- Maintain all electronic and paper files in an orderly manner.
We are interested to hear from candidates with excellent communication skills and basic IT skills are a requirement for this position and previous experience will be an advantage.
Applicants should have a minimum of 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) grade C or above to include Maths and English and ideally 3 A levels (or equivalent).
Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Proven ability to be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Ability to show initiative and establish positive working relationships with colleagues
- Excellent communication and customer care skills
- Excellent organisation and administration skills
- Attention to detail
- IT literate
- Understanding and adopting the Firm’s values and behaviours.
Wilkin Chapman is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religious practice or any other perceived differences. We are an armed forces friendly employer.
All that we do is shaped by our five values: Service, Teamwork, Approachability, Innovation and Commitment to achieving results. These values are the bedrock of Wilkin Chapman, they define who and what we are - they underpin everything that we do.**
This job was originally posted as ######