Mechanical Design Engineer (mid - Basingstoke | Zoek UK | a40cce
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Mechanical Design Engineer (mid-level)
Basingstoke, Hampshire, England
£32000 - £40000/annum Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
Role: Mechanical Design Engineer (Electro-mechanical products)
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 + Benefits
My client has recently won multiple contracts to develop fully functioning prototypes of their innovative new range of optical monitoring products, as a result they are now seeking and opto-mechanical design engineer to join their team.
Working alongside their multi-disciplined team, you will work across design, test, calibration or production equipment.
Job Purpose & Role
You will take responsibility for electro-mechanical engineering and integration aspects of the business. Working independently and proactively within a multidisciplinary team; the role includes:
· Electro-Mechanical design of innovative low volume products and supporting equipment; from requirement specifications, up to transfer to manufacturing including assembly/fabrication, testing, verification and validation of engineering prototypes.
· Investigation of new technologies, trends and techniques.
· Working closely with other engineers in the team.
· Liaison with sub-contractors, customers and suppliers.
· Producing high quality technical reports supported by calculation, simulation and/or lab tests.
· Occasional travel to customers, suppliers, conferences, seminars & trade shows etc. in the UK, Europe and worldwide.
· Ensuring all Company procedures are adhered to - especially H&SE and Quality requirements.
· 3-D CAD Modelling experience (SolidWorks and/or Fusion360 preferable).
· Fluent in both spoken and written and English.
· Knowledge of electronics and electro-mechanical integration.
· Product certification requirements .
· 3D Printing.
The candidate will be:
· A team player, but able to work independently.
· Dynamic and proactive, able to work to deadlines.
· Honest and committed to success.
· Hands-on and able to adapt to a variety of functions as required in a rapidly evolving business. This will include early production build.
· Able to establish good working relationships at all levels throughout the Company.
· Fast learner, able to work under their own initiative.
The ideal candidate will have:
· A formal engineering qualification, such as HND/HNC (preferably a university degree) in either; mechanical engineering | design | mechatronics | electro-mechanics or opto-mechanics and an academic track record or equivalent hands on industrial experience.
· An appreciation of design for hazardous areas.
· Experience in industrial segment.
· Excellent understanding of the design process and constraints.
· Confident to ‘stand-alone’ whilst receptive to new concepts and designs.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Strong organisational, multi–tasking and time-management skills.
· A good working knowledge of relevant directives and standards associated with electro-mechanical equipment (PED, Mechanical ATEX etc)
If you would like to be considered for this fantastic Mechanical Design role, apply today with a copy of your most up-to-date CV