Kitchen Assistant - Halifax | Zoek UK | a424fa
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Halifax, Calderdale, England
We are currently recruiting for a Kitchen Assistant. As a Kitchen assistant you will be assisting in the preparation and delivery of high quality food and beverages whilst maintaining a clean and safe environment suitable for its production. You will work with other team members to ensure the overall dining experience is consistently delivered to all residents. As one of the largest healthcare providers in the UK it's important to us to couple great care with meaningful and enjoyable experiences.
As a Kitchen you will be:
- Carry out duties within the kitchen area in accordance with the work schedule for the Home
- Responsible for food preparation including vegetables, salads, omelettes and sandwiches
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness in the kitchen area including all equipment and appliances
- Implementing the principles of safe food handling to ensure food preparation is undertaken to the highest possible standards of hygiene
- Practicing safe systems of work across a range of tasks in particular moving and handling of loads
- Working closely with team members to deliver a high standard of work and ensuring all Safety at Work legislation is adhered to
To succeed you will be
- A team player who engages well with others
- Strong communicator and influencer
- Energetic and hard-working
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Passionate about offering superior services and want to make a difference
- A glass half full person, with a sense of humour and a positive outlook
If you possess these qualities then experience of working as a Care Assistant isn't necessary. We provide you with excellent learning, development and support opportunities, to equip you with the knowledge and skills to make a real difference in the role.
We offer you a great range of benefits, which include:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Various shifts available including working 3 days on and 4 days off
- Refer a Friend scheme of £150 (unlimited referrals)
- Free meals
- Access to excellent training
- Career development opportunities
- Discounts and benefits suited to your lifestyle
- Free onsite parking
- Free uniform
- NEST work place pension contributions
- Long service awards