Lead Project Manager - Edinburgh | Zoek UK | a42915
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Lead Project Manager
Contract (Full time)
Lead Project Manager
As Project Manager you will lead the delivery team to ensure the fundamentals of Project Management excellence are achieved, this includes analysis, governance, planning managing finances and delivering value. As a 'PM of the Future' you should role model a desire to develop your skills and experience, create space to learn and collaborate, demonstrate resilience and adaptability, confidence, and a desire to innovate and test new ideas. You will understand, embrace and be able to select with confidence the most appropriate tools and methods to deliver change. And should strive to build relationships across role communities, change teams and business areas to maximise opportunities for continuous improvement through shared learning. Coaching others in your team to achieve delivery excellence will also be a key part of your role.
You will be joining my Bulk Annuities team where we deliver projects for the Bulk Annuities business area within the Insurance & Wealth division. Although the programme is predominantly governed by waterfall methodology, the team is on a journey - looking to transition to a more Agile way of working by adopting some of the principles and practices of Agile methodology. We would love you to support us in making that transition.
Part of the wider Bulks programme the project you will be joining is a joint collaboration between the Insurance business and Retail Bank - using Lifetime mortgages to support the Bulk Annuities business via a securitised asset.
A complex programme with a cross functional variety of senior stakeholders, you'll be responsible for managing various aspects within the project / programme. An investment or financial background would be helpful.
▪ Take responsibility for delivering a prescribed budget for own area of the organisation and/or conducts complex analyses on budget progress in other areas while working within established systems.
▪ Identify shortcomings and suggests improvements to existing processes, systems and procedures, then delivers a plan for a small element of a change management programme with guidance from a programme manager.
▪ Deliver prescribed outcomes for area of responsibility by working within established knowledge management systems.
▪ Deliver outcomes by managing others and working within established systems.
▪ Deliver own small-scale or medium-scale projects by working within an established programme management plan.
▪ Investigate standard and non-routines incidents and reports and provides expert advice to more senior colleagues while coordinating with all internal functions to facilitate effective implementation of compliance programmes to minimise risk exposures and ensure adherence with regulatory standards.
▪ Deliver prescribed outcomes for a designated area, using risk management systems to ensure the organisation is not exposed to undue risks.
▪ Achieve planned commitments by developing short-term and/or medium-term work schedules and approving overtime or using additional resources as needed.
If you have not received a response within 48 hours of applying, please assume that you have not been shortlisted this time