Chef - Norwich | Zoek UK | a42dc0
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Norwich, Norfolk, England
Offering a friendly and rewarding working environment, meaningful opportunities to provide support to the local community and make a difference to people's lives, we are looking for a creative and eager to learn**Chef to join Williams Kitchen in Norwich**.
The community café, Williams' Kitchen, ran by YMCA Norfolk, welcomes customers into the space serving a selection of fresh, natural, hearty and healthy, deli-cafe food, drinks and high-quality coffee. It is a place to meet, eat, socialise, or just watch the world go by.
YMCA Norfolk is a Christian charity committed to supporting disadvantaged young people to enable them to reach their full potential. We believe that all young people deserve to have a safe place to live and a supportive environment in which to develop.
Role responsibilities for the Chef:
- As the Chef you will prepare and cook all foods within the Catering Department
- Offer excellent service to all nursery children, young people and customers
- Operate the till and PDQ machine
- Undertake the daily cash up process
- Create menus and recipes within budget considerations
- Supervise other Kitchen staff in the absence of the Catering Manager
- Kitchen cleaning, washing up and dishwasher duties as required
- Keep the dining room and outside seating area clean and tidy
- Order, receive and rotate stock
- Undertake chilled and frozen stock temperature monitoring
- Ensure all foods are stored according to environmental health standards
- Train and develop apprentices and volunteers
- Liaise with food and equipment suppliers and Environment Health
- Liaise with Nursery Team over Young Peoples food requirements
- Take a lead in resolving customer complaints
- Adhere to health and safety and food hygiene policies in all aspects
- You must have a Food Hygiene Certificate
- NVQ Level 2 in Catering or Food Preparation and Cooking Level 2
- Experience of working to tight schedules and juggling competing priorities
- A proactive and positive individual who works well within a team and independently
- Working knowledge of COSHH and Health and Safety, Environmental Health and Food Hygiene requirements
- You should have a non-judgemental, empathic attitude towards people experiencing difficulties
- Ability to adapt to change and undertake self -development and training
- Able to develop strong positive working relationships with colleagues
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Able and willing to work unsocial hours
- You will need satisfactory references and a satisfactory DBS check
Terms of Role:
- Flexible hours are on offer to suit you, Permanent position
- Pay is £ per hour
- 33 days (pro rata) per annum inclusive of Bank and Public Holidays
Closing Date: Monday 4th October 2021