Operations Finance Business Partner - Runcorn | Zoek UK | a4303d
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Operations Finance Business Partner
Runcorn, Halton, England
About Us**:**At Phoenix Group we are committed to excellence and dedicated to our customers' needs. We deliver health, every day, all day.
As a Europe-wide wholesale and retail company we do that in many ways, with over 400 community pharmacies, 13 nationwide distribution depots and over 6,000 employees. Supporting longer, healthier and happier lives is at the heart of the service that we deliver to our communities and something that we are really proud of.
About The Opportunity**:**We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Business Partner to join our team in Runcorn, Cheshire. The role of Finance Business Partner is part of the wider finance team and offers close involvement with internal and external stakeholders providing commercial and analytical support for projects, process changes and investment appraisals including post-investment review.
- Ongoing review of business unit performance using MI reporting and dashboards, delivering insight into emerging trends and associated impact on P&L and cash flow
- Utilising key management information and systems to evaluate business units against benchmark business units to drive improved performance and develop business strategies
- Identify and investigate variances, support business in undertaking corrective action and challenge areas of underperformance.
- Relentless focus on costs and value for money
- Provide market insight and updates on potential impact on PHOENIX activities
- Complete budget and forecasts for agreed areas of the business in partnership with appropriate key stakeholders
- Analysis of investment / divestment opportunities and provision of accounting data for various projects and supporting throughout acquisition process and transition into business as usual
- Ad hoc management information production for use by the business
- Perform any other duties, as required
Who we want:
Our ideal candidate will be a CIMA qualified accountant with proven post qualification experience of financial analysis and management reporting gained in a business facing corporate environment.
You will be comfortable proposing, justifying, initiating and implementing change. Project management qualifications or experience would be an advantage
Experience of working to tight deadlines in a high pressure environment while maintaining excellent attention to detail
Dynamic, forward thinking, with strong interpersonal skills, you will be an effective relationship builder, able to challenge and support colleagues from different functions in a constructive and effective manner
Excellent analytical skills in regards to reporting and review. Proven experience in performing root cause analysis, developing and implementing process improvements and robust controls.
- A competitive remuneration package & private healthcare
- A fantastic working environment
- Opportunity to work flexibly
- On site, free car parking facilities
- An employee discount scheme
Ordinarily, our team is based within our Head Office in Runcorn but in light of the ongoing pandemic the team is working on a remote basis, with interviews potentially being held remotely also.