Automation Engineer - Eggbuckland | Zoek UK | a43716
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Eggbuckland, Devon, England
£35000 - £40000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy, innovative department at their Plymouth Manufacturing site. The Automation Engineer will focus on leading the team to develop new processes that will expand product ranges and develop current processes, to deliver current products in the most efficient way possible. The successful candidate will spend 80% of their time working on projects, innovating processes for the future. The remaining 20% of their time will be focused on continuous improvement of current processes.
The Automation Engineer will highlight opportunities for improvement, to reduce repetitive operator tasks, improve quality and reduce waste. Their main focus will be in areas such as; problem solving, continuous improvement and operational training on machinery. Working hours are Monday to Thursday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, with an early Friday finish at 2:30 PM.
* To project manage automation projects that have been identified and will contribute to the automation of processes for the future.
* Apply problem solving and continuous improvement techniques to recommend and implement automation improvements to maximise equipment availability, performance, reduce repetitive operator tasks, improve quality and reduce waste. These Improvements to be documented, including ROI and confirmation of effectiveness.
* Work with I&D to introduce new products with automation in mind to eliminate repetitive operator tasks and ensure new processes are Industry compliant
* To uphold and exceed standards of safety ensuring all work areas are kept tidy by adopting a “clean as you go” approach at all times. Actively seek to improve work areas by applying 5S principles.
* Effective use of the CMMS (Pirana) to record all defects identified corrective actions, fault codes and parts used. All records to be completed to standard to ensure information can be further utilised.
* Contribute to problem solving workshops, providing automation expertise to identify root causes of failures and the subsequent improvement actions.
* Ensuring all work performed is in compliance with all aspects of the Health & Safety at Work legislation and the company Health & Safety policy.
* Maintain and apply a level of technical expertise across the site, sufficient to act as a point of reference for team members & colleagues, to resolve complex problems of repair/fix and give technical direction.
* Liaise and communicate with Reliability and Asset Care Engineer and Production departments through informal & formal meetings to keep them informed of progress, to resolve issues and ensure that efficient running of the factory is maintained.
* To support the introduction of new machinery from specification of standards through to FAT and the creation of PPMs.
* Ensure compliance to Health & safety of factory staff and contractors to ensure a safe working environment.
* ONC or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
* Completed apprenticeship (NVQ Level 3) in appropriate Engineering discipline.
* Experience working within a processing, manufacturing or similar environment.
* Awareness of Health & Safety regulations.
* Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft office systems.
* Knowledge of electrical control and safety systems. With a logical approach to fault finding.
* Experience of PLC programming, able to make minor modifications to ladder logic.
* Experience of variable speed motor control systems. Inverter / DC drive.
* Demonstrable experience of project management to deadlines and budgets.
* Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis techniques.
* Knowledge of CMMS systems, purpose and functionality.
* Good understanding of automation for manufacturing.
* Understanding of industry and what this means for manufacturing.
* Ability to improve processes to provide better delivery for our customers.
* An excellent communicator through all levels of the organisation.
* Able to work as part of a team when required to get the task done, with the ability to self-direct and motivate when working alone.
If you feel you would be the right fit for this position, please submit an up to date CV and I will be in touch to discuss role in more detail and the next steps! This is an exciting opportunity, with great progression opportunities, certainly not one to be missed