Senior Consultant Social Value & - Manchester | Zoek UK | a44f63
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Consultant Social Value & Sustainability
Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
A UK leading Consultancy part of a larger Group of Companies is seeking to recruit a Senior Consultant to join their existing team.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has a keen interest in social valuation and sustainability.
As the role works in a group of companies, you'll have access to a wide network of colleagues that also specialise in other areas of commerce that will further aid in your growth and development.
You can expect to have cross-enterprise and liaise with different teams to support business development including proposal writing, development of social, economic and environmental evaluations and facilitating stakeholder workshops.
The role plays a critical part in supporting and leading the delivery of consultancy projects. You'll use your strong quantitative, analytical and communication skills to deliver a range of consultancy services. This will range from bid support, policies and strategies, and forecast/evaluative calculations.
- Support delivery of consultancy projects for a range of clients, including public sector, third sector, commercial, industry and finance
- Lead high level social, environmental and economic impact calculations for a range of clients
- Collating and preparing client data, assuring data quality
- Utilise the internal software applications and conduct Excel-based calculations
- Lead development of credible Social Value reports
- Attend client meetings and liaise with clients at all levels, including supporting stakeholder engagement workshops
- Support the delivery of Social Value policies and strategies for clients
- Help build submissions regarding Social Value tenders
- Help produce proposals for prospective clients
- Research and develop social, environmental and economic valuations
- Work with the development and design team to realise projects which intersect with consultancy projects
- Assist the development team where necessary
Experience / Knowledge:
- A strong interest in sustainability and making a difference for people and the environment
- Good understanding of UK Social Value policy, the Sustainable Development Goals and responsible business
- Knowledge of social evaluation, theories and methodologies, including Cost Benefit Analysis, Social Return on Investment (SROI) and Economic Appraisal
- Knowledge of at least one of the following sectors: industry knowledge of construction/ infrastructure, professional services, public sector procurement, asset management
- In-depth knowledge of at least one of the following areas: sustainability, corporate social responsibility (ESG), socially responsible investment, environmental impact assessment, environmental economics
- Research, data analysis and evaluation experience
- Report and proposal writing
- Communicating concepts and methodologies
- Comfortable at giving presentations
- Excellent organisational, planning, prioritising and time management skills
- Strong relationship building and communication skills and be able to operate credibly at all levels
- Analytical skills and ability to synthesise information and present it clearly in succinct reports and presentations
- High level of accuracy and eye for detail
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team as well as autonomously
- Excellent IT and Microsoft Office Package skills
- Drive, enthusiasm and an optimistic approach
- Demonstrate flexibility and open-mindedness
- Degree or certification in further study in Social Value and Sustainability would be advantageous
- Plus Benefits
- Occasional travel within the UK will be required
- Normal office hours are - pm Monday-Friday with a 1-hour break for lunch
Elevation Recruitment Group's Procurement and Supply Chain division work with a vast range of businesses across Yorkshire and Humberside, Lincolnshire and East Midlands regions.