Quantity Surveyor - Kingston upon Hull | Zoek UK | a467ba
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Kingston upon Hull, England
Permanent (Full time)
Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently working on behalf of our client for the role of Quantity Surveyor. The company are showing progressive growth making this an excellent time to join the team!
We are looking for a Quantity Surveyor/Estimator preferably with experience within the construction industry. This is a great opportunity to make a real difference and grow within the company.
* To work with and assist with the day-to-day operations of the business including contract negotiations, project planning, ensuring quotes/tenders are checked and returned in a timely manner.
* Responsible for carrying out Quantity Surveying and estimating tasks, setting objectives and monitoring progress.
* Securing the best price that will win the contract in a competitive bidding situation, while ensuring that the contract can be carried out profitably if secured.
* Ensure a proactive approach is carried out on quotes submitted with Follow up and tracking of quotes.
* Ensure accurate Measurement and value of work is done on site. Review and evaluate costs, track changes to design and construction work and adjust valuations and applications accordingly.
* Preparation of interim and final accounts, variation and day work accounts, budget forecasts, tender analysis, estimating, buying, collation of cost and value information
* Preparation of interim applications for payment and internal valuations.
* Assist the accounts team with matching invoices to the correct allocation of cost to projects.
* To lead and assist in dealing with contractual claims and final accounts and able to agree rates/prices without compromising our margins and to attend meetings and contribute to the resolution of commercial, contractual and construction problems and variations.
* To be aware of and protect the Company’s commercial interests by pursuing prompt payments for works are executed. To negotiate and agree on final accounts whilst achieving the best possible outcome for the company.
Salary: Remuneration to be discussed and agreed, however there is a flexible salary bracket dependent on experience.
If this sounds like the role you’re looking for, please call Liz Owen-Dyce at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for more information on (phone number removed). Alternatively, submit your CV.
Your application will be given consideration however, if you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award-winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for 30 years throughout the UK