Risk Manager - Leeds | Zoek UK | a46c70
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Risk Manager, Operational
This is a 1st line Operational Risk role with focus on building and embedding an effective Operational Risk Framework across the Corporate Markets business, including share registration and employee share plans.
This role is based in Leeds and offers remote working as appropriate.
Key Accountabilities and Main Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain an Operational Risk Framework that supports the control of processes across operational teams and embeds the communication of a risk culture.
- Analyse procedures and process flows to identify key controls and ensure that updates consider risk implications.
- With input from operational teams, create a matrix of Control Self Assessments and develop Quality Assurance/Quality Control checks with prescribed frequencies.
- Develop and implement a Risk Dashboard to illustrate risk appetite metrics and tolerance.
- Review audit actions, errors, risk events and complaints and feed these back into the Risk Framework so that opportunities for process improvement are identified.
- Assist with 2nd Line reviews, internal and external audits as required, coordinating the completion of actions, and reporting on outstanding actions.
- Assist with the management of 3rd party suppliers and vendors in line with Link policies and set up of a vendor risk framework.
- Provide advisory support in relation to DPIA's (Data Protection Impact Assessments).
- Ensure that Business Continuity Plans are fit for purpose and support disaster recovery requirements.
- Contribute to the CASS forum and how risk appetite and incident reporting can be better managed.
- Assess coverage of T&C (Training & Competency) roles and succession planning.
- Work alongside operational teams to ensure that risk is built into operational change including projects, product launches and client onboarding/offboarding.
Experience & Personal Attributes
- Degree or equivalent industry knowledge in financial services or risk environment.
- A good understanding of process analysis, risk mitigation and control design from an operations, risk or audit perspective.
- The ability to interact and build effective working relationships with peers and all levels of management.
- The ability to listen and articulate information effectively both orally and in writing.
- The ability to think independently and work autonomously.
- Confidence to challenge all levels of the business and influence outcomes.
- Client focussed - strong customer service ethic.
- Together we achieve - collaborate across multiple teams.
- Adapt and evolve - the ability to apply practical thinking and use of data to solve business problems.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.