Engineering - West Midlands - This Area Only | Zoek UK | a47070
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
West Midlands - This Area Only
£75000 - £80000/annum + Car Allowance + Bonus
Permanent (Full time)
Do you have a proven track record of new product innovation leadership? Have you led technically strong and diverse engineering teams? Are you fully immersed in the engineering marketplace? Is your finger on the pulse of new technology?
Founded nearly 80 years ago, our client is a global organisation with over 100 operating sites and annual sales of approximately £7bn. Globally, our client has enjoyed 9% CAGR for the past ten years, achieving 5% growth amidst the COVID pandemic. The business has provided industrial products and electrical equipment to a diverse range of sectors including aerospace, industrial and defence.
Up to 70% of products provided by our client are bespoke and made to order. They have an active product development roadmap with new products and technologies developed for the latest industry developments.
* Develop design briefs for new technology product lines
* Spearhead innovation (both NPI and product improvements within the legacy product range)
* Clearly define specification sketches to present a focused concept for strategic consideration
* Coordinate with various functions, marketing, Sales, finance manufacturing and quality
* Oversee tests to ensure records are complete, assist with engineering evaluation or analysis
* Manage the technical aspects of new product development, including ensuring that products meet the launch dates and the cost targets
* Carry out the evaluation of the design, documentation and process times
* Manage the design engineering and product test teams
* Manage the rapid prototype area and first batch build
* Provide technical support to engineers from design to manufacture
* Identify, collect and evaluate new technology product ideas or strategic product extensions to determine their potential to address customer needs and to achieve goals in revenue growth
* Drives applications within our key chosen strategic areas
* Technical evaluations to determine root cause and recommends corrective actions
* Reviews new requirements in technology outside of what we currently do with the aim of bringing it to our market through new products
* Present technology roadmap for NPI after discussions with Sales and Marketing
* Engineering degree or equivalent (open to Electronics, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace etc.)
* A proven track record of new product innovation
* Experience of forging relationships with third parties . Universities, Research Institutes, Clients
* Experience of leading highly skilled and diverse engineering teams
* A proven decision-maker
* Passionate about the engineering sector
* Creative thinker
* Natural problem solver
* Calm under pressure
Due to the expected demand, we will not be able to provide all applicants with bespoke feedback. If you have any questions regarding the role, please submit your CV in the first instance.
If you feel that you possess the skillset and attributes required, please click ‘apply’ now