Head Chef - Oakwood | Zoek UK | a47386
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Oakwood, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
We are pleased to offer an exciting opportunity to join a brand new restaurant and coffee bar at a family run equestrian centre, established for over 40 years.
If you are a chef that is passionate about making delicious food, enjoys working in an environment with a strong sense of community and who is looking to build their own unique dining concept, then you could be exactly the chef we are looking for!
The basics of what we will offer:
* A competitive salary (based on experience)
* Paid holiday
* A share of tips
* Free food and drink when on shift
* Discount on food and drink for you and your friends on your days off
* Family run business with a workplace that has a strong sense of community and treats people as individuals.
* Free on-site parking
* Brand new kitchen and restaurant (currently in progress)
* Small team of a few staff with a view to expand once the business is established
* Working hours: 8am - 5 Days per week (must include weekends). Weekends working time may be slightly later at .
* Flexible days off during week days (note: one off-day must be a Monday)
* Once the daytime restaurant is established, you will have the opportunity to create an evening restaurant experience/pop up evening service featuring your own dining concept and flair in respect of food and experience (see below).
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
* Consistently preparing and serving our day-time menu to the highest standards (as per specifications communicated) to ensure our guests have a positive experience and return again and again and assist the business to grow and develop into a sought-after dining location with a consumer buzz.
* Maintaining exceptional food hygiene and health & safety standards and completion of associated paperwork in this regard.
* Receiving deliveries and maintaining correct standards for food storage
* Maintaining a clean and safe kitchen environment.
* Offering menu inspiration and ideas
Required Qualifications and Personality Attributes
* Previous experience of working within a kitchen is essential.
* English language
* Positive, hands on attitude
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to remain calm under pressure
* Ability to work autonomously
* Enthusiastic, reliable and committed.
Restaurant development opportunity
* Once the daytime restaurant is up and running, there is the opportunity to further develop the restaurant into a unique dinner service/ pop-up dining concept.
* You will be offered the freedom to develop an idea for the evening service, using your own creative flair to build a new and exciting dining concept for the north London area
* You will be able to take advantage of a pre-existing customer base from the current client foot-fall at the long-established equestrian centre (at the restaurant site).
If you would like to be part of something fresh, creative and inspiring, please apply within.
Expected start date: August with soft launch anticipated end of August
Salary: £12/hr to £18/hr