Traffic Clerk / Operator - Kings Langley | Zoek UK | a480f2
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Traffic Clerk / Operator
Kings Langley, Hertfordshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Our client is a family-owned business with a friendly, fun, unique and dynamic feel to it. You certainly won't be another number here. The Company specialises in hazardous delivery, warehousing and storage, air freight, shipping container freight, pallet networks and general haulage. It operates over two depots using its own vehicles to provide transportation services to over 250 customers.
As the Traffic Associate/Clerk/Operator you will be primarily responsible for liaising with drivers and customers ensuring that all loads arrive on time and to the correct location and all collections are co-ordinated.
- Deal with delivery queries.
- Deal with driver breakdowns and RTA's.
- Manage drivers on return and carry out driver debriefs
- Plan collections.
- Set a culture of excellence and soaring quality insisting on the highest standards and enforce them.
- Be prepared to roll your sleeves up and get involved in key problems as required.
This job description is not exhaustive. You should be aware that you may be required to perform duties other than those for which you are primarily employed as directed by your Shift Manager. On occasions you may also be required to assist its subsidiary businesses.
- 2-3 years' experience in a transport office in a high tempo general haulage environment.
- London knowledge and big inner city delivery experience.
- Effective time management.
- Attention to detail.
- Deescalating stressful situations.
- Confidence to deal with all different types of person.
- Pallet Network.
- Hazchem Network.
- Hazardous delivery.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Driver CPC
- Driver Tacho Card
- Cat C driving licence
- No more than 6 points
Benefits & Renumeration
- Salary circa 25k.
- Performance bonus.
- People's Pension scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Free training - Any course or training is available if it would be of benefit to the business and applicable to your role.
- 28 days paid holiday including Bank Holidays.
Shift Pattern - 2 roles
- Sunday to Wednesday (Apply online only) 4 days on 3 days off
- Wednesday to Saturday (Apply online only) 4 days on 3 days off