Early Years - Aberdeen City - This Area Only | Zoek UK | a49e0e
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Early Years Assistant
Aberdeen City - This Area Only
£19000 - £19870/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Position: Early Years Assistant
Salary Banding: £19,
Hours: Full time / Permanent / Mon-Fri / 40 hours
Location: Great Western Nursery
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To contribute high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in our nursery alongside keeping everyone safe.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Consistently deliver and plan rich learning opportunities and exceptional care that helps all children to develop and meets their individual needs
* Make accurate and effective assessments which reflect the needs, interests and stages of development of the child by supporting the delivery of the key person approach
* Ensuring an enabling environment is providing consistent stimulating and inspiring activities for the children in both the indoor and outdoor area as a continuous provision
* Ensure Values are incorporated and demonstrated through Curriculum of Excellence /Pre Birth to Three.
* Safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of children in line with our child protection and keeping everyone safe policies and procedures
* Ensure internal policies and procedures are adhered whilst also meeting the external legislation and guidelines from our governing bodies
* Promote and follow guidelines implemented for managing behaviour including supporting children to manage their own feelings and behaviours
* Continually work in partnership with colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of the children ensuring a diverse and inclusive approach is maintained at all times
* Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication at all levels
* Attend staff meetings and training sessions for continuous professional development
* Demonstrate the HEART principles in everyday working life
* Working as part of a larger team to ensure all essential day to day tasks are completed in line with the nursery demands ie. Hygiene standards and room preparation
* To provide support for your colleagues within the nursery and the broader business
* Work experience within the Early Years sector
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES (ESSENTIAL):
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal
* Ability to be flexible, adaptable and embrace new ways of doing things