SLD Teacher / SEN Teacher | Zoek
SLD Teacher / SEN Teacher
Ealing, Greater London, England
£140 - 170 per day
Contract (Full time)
Smart Teachers is recruiting for an SLD Teacher / SEN Teacher / KS2 Teacher for a short block of cover at an all-through special school in Ealing. This is a 'Good' school with a strong senior leadership team, which provides training and continued professional development courses for their staff. The SLD Teacher / SEN Teacher / KS2 Teacher will teaching a small class of Key Stage 2 (KS2) students with severe learning difficulties (SLD) that have some social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) difficulties, as well as physical and sensory difficulties. As the school is currently expanding, there is potential for the successful SLD Teacher / SEN Teacher / KS2 Teacher to continue at the school from September 2020. This role is to commence February 10 th , 2020 (February 24 th at the latest) up until April 3 rd , 2020 initially, with potential for a long-term or permanent contract from September 2020.
About the Role
- SLD Teacher / SEN Teacher / KS2 Teacher
- Teaching a small class of KS2 students with SLD (some SEMH and physical/sensory difficulties)
- Short-term cover from February 10 th , 2020 until April 3 rd , 2020
- Potential for a long-term/permanent role from September 2020 for the right candidate
- Pay from £130 per day dependent on experience
About the School
All through SEN school in Ealing
Ofsted rated 'Good'
Caters for children with a range of needs including ASD, MLD, SLD, PD, complex needs, and SEMH
Small class sizes with 2-3 support staff in each class
Students aged from 2-17 years old
Modern school with outstanding facilities
Supportive and passionate senior leadership team
Multiple therapists to work with the children
CPD and training offered by the school
Parking on site and close to transport links (Central Line)
In order to be considered for this role, the SLD Teacher / SEN Teacher / KS2 Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
- Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
- NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
- Previous experience working with students with special needs (desirable)
- Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our team on#########
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.
Posted 12 days ago