Transport - West Midlands - This Area Only | Zoek UK | a4babb
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
West Midlands - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Hanson Lawrie is looking to recruit a Transport Coordinator to manage express deliveries for our client who specialises in global logistics. This is a new and exciting position to support the business's growth.
The purpose of your role will be to organise time-critical transport and logistics by road and air efficiently and effectively. You’ll meet client requirements by generating quotations and you’ll build strong, productive relationships to ensure business objectives are achieved. This is a very fast-paced role, and it requires an individual who can work with both speed and accuracy to ensure same day and next day deliveries arrive on time.
As Transport Co-ordinator your duties will be to:
* Provide quotations and check prices in a timely and professional manner.
* Maintain the required record keeping ensuring the efficient, cost-effective and lawful execution of all transport activities.
* Ensure each order is processed and administered accurately, including compiling the file with relevant legal documents.
* Ensure all contracting agreements are accurate and legally compliant.
* Input jobs electronically and forward transport orders to the bookings team.
* Act as the liaison point between all parties to ensure that the client’s expectation is met.
* Be proactive in identifying potential problems and develop contingency plans to provide solutions.
* Ensure that services are delivered as agreed.
* Liaise with hauliers.
* Manage a high volume of inbound telephone calls and emails.
We’re specifically looking for candidates who possess experience in high volume quoting for Same Day and Next Day express deliveries, with a background in export, logistics, supply chain and freight. Excellent spoken and written English skills are essential for this position, along with strong IT literacy.
This is a new position due to the growth of the company. The successful candidate will join a sociable team and a business that prides itself on creating a great working environment. The offices are smart and secure, with designated break out areas.
Working hours are Monday – Friday with one hour for lunch