Radiology Department Assistant - Westminster Abbey | Zoek UK | a4bc54
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Radiology Department Assistant
Westminster Abbey, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Job title: Radiology Department Assistant
Hours: per week
Salary: Up to £12,955 dependant on experience
Location: 60, Grove End Road, London, NW8 9NH
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and flexible Radiology Department Assistant to join our small team of 25 in the Imaging Department. The department is currently going through some exciting changes with new management, new equipment and a hospital redevelopment programme about to start. This is an ideal time to join this energetic and dynamic team and the role would suit an experienced Healthcare Assistant or Radiology Department Assistant who has experience in the healthcare environment, preferably in an Imaging Department.
The role will entail coordinating and chaperoning Ultrasound lists for the Radiologists in general and breast ultrasound and assisting in minor procedures. The role also requires assisting the Radiographers in Fluoroscopy and the Cross-Sectional (CT & MRI) Department.
Located in leafy St John’s Wood on the Jubilee line, minutes from Central London, our independent private Hospital has just been rated the number one in the country for care in the latest Bupa survey. Uniquely, all profits fund our onsite Hospice, St John’s.
What would be my responsibilities as a Radiology Department Assistant?
* You will assist the Radiologists and Radiographers in the day to day running of the Imaging Department
* You will play an active role in contributing to the delivery of an effective, efficient and responsive imaging service
* You will participate in the governance and safety of the department; including Risk Management, Medicines Management, Health and Safety, research and audit activities
* Ensure that a high standard of patient care and high professional standards are maintained throughout the Imaging department
* Contribute to the development of departmental policies and procedures relating to patient care and the delivery of a diagnostic imaging service
* Be involved in the development and monitoring of standards of patient care and service delivery
* Participate in a CPD and take a proactive approach to your personal development
Am I the right person for this Radiology Department Assistant role?
* Experience in a clinical environment preferably in an Imaging Department
* Basic knowledge of Imaging tests and procedures
* Good organisational skills
* Ability to work independently & accurately
* Ability to work under pressure
* Experience of working as part of a multi disciplinary team
Why to apply for this role as Radiology Department Assistant?
At our organisation we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment. As well as ongoing development and training, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits; from 27 days annual leave, generous private healthcare cover, contributory pension schemes – including continuation of the NHS pension.
Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
* Competitive pay with progressive band structuring
* Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
* Ongoing training and development programmes
* Discounts at local, national and online shops
* Interest-free season ticket loans
* Cycle to work loan scheme
* Employee “Service Excellence” recognition rewards
If you are ready for a new challenge and relish the chance to become part of a successful, forward thinking organisation then we would love to hear from you