Electrical Wiring Technician - Cheltenham | Zoek UK | a4c091
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Electrical Wiring Technician
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
Up to £15 per hour
The Multi Skilled Technician is responsible for the manufacture, fitting and assembly of tasks associated with mechanical / electrical hardware production work. This includes prototype development, manufacture, inspection, test and repair at the Company's Cheltenham factory and from time to time at Customers facilities in the UK and overseas as requested.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Manufacture of parts/assemblies using guillotine, bench presses, sheet metal folder, pillar drill, automatic saw, shot blaster, etc (subject to suitable training and health and safety checks)
- Fitting and assembly using variety of hand tools
- Measurement, inspection and test using variety of tools such as micrometers, verniers, tapes, rules, gauges, multimeter, etc
- Electrical wiring of assembly level components
- Electrical control panel wiring
- Routing of cable harnesses
- Manufacture of electrical harnesses
a) Preparation of parts for painting
b) Carry out installation and maintenance of factory mechanical / electrical hardware and infrastructure, commensurate with skills capability as required
c) Inspection of own and other operatives work (including subcontract work) to sign off and stamp job route cards (using the shop floor data capture bar code system)
d) When requested, review customer returns to ascertain the level of repairs required and to perform actions to repair or modify and inspect/ test items which will allow their return to service.
e) Support training of new employees and monitor progress if requested
f) Ensure that tools and equipment are maintained, calibrated and controlled as appropriate to ensure safe and accurate use
g) Ensure that job records are maintained and current as work is progressed in accordance with Company procedures
h) Any other reasonable request that is within the scope of your skills and capabilities
- Good level of general engineering skill
- Ability to accurately read engineering drawings and follow written and verbal work instructions
- Ability to work on own with minimal supervision
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge and experience of mechanical systems, electrical systems, fault diagnosis and repair
- Knowledge of statutory and regulatory health, safety and environmental codes of practice pertaining to machining, fitting, assembling, installation test and repair of mechanical hardware equipment and systems
- Knowledge of statutory and regulatory health, safety and environmental codes of practice pertaining to electrical control panel installation, cable harness manufacture, cable harness routing, installation test and repair of electrical hardware equipment and systems
The role is based in Cheltenham but may involve travel to customer sites within and outside of the UK as required.
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...