Operations Director - Hoddesdon | Zoek UK | a4c263
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Our long established client based in Hoddesdon is a specialist electronics and distribution company with a China based distribution office.
They are currently looking for an ambitious Operations Director with demonstrative commercial business acumen to work alongside the Group's 3 UK based Directors to develop and grow the Business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the smooth running of day-to-day operations across the entire business including sales, resourcing, logistics, finance and technical departments.
You will identify areas for development, create and successfully implement long-term strategies to achieve growth. The main purpose of the role is to maximise our efficiency, create value for money and streamline operations.
This is a new role within the company, created to relieve the Managing Director who currently undertakes the majority of these functions and who intends to re-focus his time on technical product development and business development, targeting large corporate partners.
As a new role this will evolve and adapt as the company grows, however initial main duties will include:
* Meeting regularly with staff to ensure projects / tasks are on target and set new targets
* Identify gaps in our resourcing or where growth demands and recruit where necessary
* Create a staff training plan, sourcing internal or external training to address technical knowledge gaps or professional development training
* Effectively mentor and support the Company's middle-management team to achieve their full potential and any KPI's
* Effectively assist the Directors with successful implementation of new systems and procedure, making recommendations where appropriate
* Ensure the company's QMS system is kept up to date at all times
* Ensuring relevant H & S regulations are adhered to across the company
* Reviewing existing company policies and recommending new policies and ensuring all statutory regulations the company must adhere to in it's day-to-day business transactions are compiled with
* The confidence and ability to apply generalist business knowledge in an SME
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels
* Strong People Management and Leadership skills
* Excellent organisational and administrative skills
* Ability to see the bigger picture and contribute effectively to the growth of the Business from a people management and systems perspective
* Willingness and ability to quickly learn new IT systems and software
This position will suit an individual with previous Operational Management or MD experience in an SME, used to the daily challenges of running a business