Laboratory Analyst - Callington | Zoek UK | a4c758
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Callington, Cornwall, England
Unspecified (Part time)
Working Saturday 8:30am - 5pm
Join the Samworth Brothers Family!
Working for Westward Labs, part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business, we offer competitive benefits to all our colleagues including
* Enhanced Pension Scheme
* Private Health Scheme
* Employee Discount Scheme
* Annual Pay Review and Profit related pay
* Training and Progression opportunities
We have the opportunity for you to join our team as a Laboratory Analyst. In this role you will be:
* To carry out microbiological analysis of food and other materials, practicing aseptic technique and complying with the standards and principals set out in the Microbiology and Quality Manuals.
* Undertake tasks related to testing, promoting efficient work flow and a hygienic work environment.
* Microbiological testing of samples, which includes the sample preparation and plating, plate reading and interpretation and confirmation.
* Perform scheduled equipment checks and take appropriate action when equipment is not functioning correctly. Complete equipment monitoring records.
* Participate in internal and external quality control programmes.
Full training will be provided
The Right Person
We are one big team and we look for people to join our business who want to work with others but take responsibility for doing their best every day to help to make the business a success. We also need:
* Two A level passes in science based subjects for five GCSE’s (Grade C or above)
* Laboratory experience (desirable)
* Current Driving Licence
* Evaluation skills
* Knowledge of security requirements
* Experience of equipment operation and check procedures
* Able to work Saturday OR Sunday
* Able to travel to Westward Labs based in Callington
Quality and Food Safety sit at the heart of our Business. We are a contemporary food testing laboratory which provides a comprehensive range of microbiological and chemical testing for the food industry. We are United Kingdom accredited Service (UKAS) Testing Laboratory and we ensure our retail customers have trust and confidence in their products.
At Samworth Brothers we take pride in our family feel within our businesses and work together to make things happen. We can offer you the stability of a wider group as well as the opportunities that that offers if you wish to progress your career with us. We are family and we would like to invite you to be part of that and support our teams in delivering great products to all of our customers
Samworth Brothers do not engage with unlicensed gangmasters or third parties. Samworth Brothers will NEVER ask you for money in order to provide you with employment. If you are in any doubt please contact an official Samworth Brothers representative