Senior Network Engineer - Cardington | Zoek UK | a4cf95
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Network Engineer
Cardington, Bedford, England
£40000 - £45000/annum various benefits available
Permanent (Full time)
Senior Network Engineer
To provide 2nd and 3rd level support to customers and client personnel as part of the services covered by managed service contracts; provide assistance in the use of Network & Security based systems, technology and products throughout the organisation; and ongoing support for the Sales and Services teams in delivering contracted services. To design and own solutions based on standard Blue Chip solutions and provide technical ownership through to conclusion
Own and manage Network & Security 2nd and 3rd level technical support issues through to successful completion.
To take ownership of Blue Chip standard Network & Security solutions providing technical backup to Solution Architect and Sales teams.
Working with Consultants to support project related activities.
Key result areas
* Provide operational assistance and support to customers and internal teams within the Managed Services business.
* Provide out of hours on call support for Network & Security support for contracted services & software support 24/7 on a rota basis.
* Managing escalations to vendors where required and ensuring the customer is kept up to date on progress.
* Attend customer meetings and provide Network & Security technical solutions to deliver contracted services.
* Assist with performing Data Availability testing and full invocation for customers.
* Perform hands on activities within the data centres, which might include cabling, commissioning equipment, performing troubleshooting.
* Own and manage customer transitions activities to a defined process and to successful completion.
* Resolving support calls and attending customer sites as appropriate.
* To undertake training as discussed and agreed in order to ensure up to date knowledge for Cisco and Checkpoint Support is maintained.
* Ensure change control process is followed for all changes to customer systems.
* Attend customer sites when required in pre-sales Network & Security technical environment with the ability to demonstrate Network & Security knowledge to the customer.
* Ensure knowledge is communicated throughout the team to improve all round team knowledge.
* Assist/train Service Desk staff.
* Assist and work with SDM’s to provide Network & Security technical knowledge to customers when required.
* Provide all documentation required for standard Blue Chip solutions including High and Low Level designs
* Ensure the implementation of best practice and compliance with Network and Security procedures, routines and protocol including security, safety and regulatory.
* Undertake other related tasks as requested by the Technical Services Manager
* To understand and fulfil the responsibilities for secure management of personal data of both internal and external customers in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018
Key Personal Requirements
At least 3 years working as a Network & Security Engineer or equivalent
Experience working in a supervisory role when working with more junior members of the team
Cisco CCNA / CCNP or relevant experience
Checkpoint CSSA / CCSE or relevant experience
Proven track record of supporting WAN/LAN based network services
Experience of network security & firewalls (CISCO & Checkpoint products)
Extensive knowledge & use of Microsoft applications (inc. VISIO)
Experience of using network management & diagnostic tools
Conform to Blue Chip procedures / policies
Maintain current market knowledge
Ability to produce technical documents & procedures
Strong organisational and administrative skills
Ability to assist/train staff
Excellent problem determination, analytical and resolution skills
Transformation & automation of repetitive tasks
Provide day-to-day support communications
Good communication skills internally & externally
Ability to demonstrate initiative
Good telephone manner
Excellent customer facing skills
Supporting team members
Able to knowledge share within team
Flexible & Adaptable
Good decision maker
Leads by example
Time management skills
Willingness to work unsociable hours