Director of Finance and Resources - London | Zoek UK | a4e0a1
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Director of Finance and Resources
London, Greater London, England
£ 60000.00 - £ 80000.00 Per Annum
Permanent (Full time)
Career Teachers is currently working with an Ofsted Good School based in the heart of Hammersmith, this school is looking for a Director of Finance and Resources to start with them as of the end of September 2021 on a permanent basis. This school is very keen to see CV's and profiles of interested candidates soon as interviews are already being arranged
* Day to day management of the annual budget (in excess of £7m), alongside maintaining a longer term 3 and 5 year overview
* Ensure the effective operation of financial control within the Academy, and ensure the Academy receives value for money in all its expenditures
* Prepare the financial reports and financial returns as required by the Governing Body, the ESFA (Education Skills Funding Agency), Companies House and HM Revenue and Customs - note this includes preparation of a full set of statutory accounts, completed in accordance with FRS102
* Fulfilling the statutory functions of an FD as per the Academies Financial Handbook
* Manage the internal and external audit process
* Responsible for managing all non-teaching operational matters - you will have an HR manager and Facilities manager reporting in to you, and have access to employment legal advice via a 3rd party
* Management and completion of the payroll function - you will have a Finance manager who will process payroll, but you will maintain overall responsibility for completion and accuracy, as well as complying with updated regulations
* Normal month-end financial management processes - budgetary reports, management accounts, including balance sheet reporting, bank reconciliations and ensuring all controls are maintained eg. appropriate reviews take place, authorised signatures obtained.
If you are interested please click the apply button below and please attach your most up to date CV, I will then call you to discuss the role in more detail before putting your name forward for the role
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of % holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
Attend an interview in person;
Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.