Electro - Stone ST15 | Zoek UK | a4f481
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer
Stone ST15, UK
Permanent (Full time)
Job Title: Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Industry: Scientific Equipment
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and global leading manufacturer of scientific products based in Staffordshire. Due to team growth a new opportunity has become available for a Electro-mechanical Design Engineer to join on a permanent basis. This is a very exciting time to join a fantastic and continuously growth business.
- Organisation skills – structured approach to working on multiple projects
- Excellent written and spoken communication – concise and accurate, able to communicate with people from a non-technical background through multiple levels of the organization.
- Interpersonal skills- friendly and approachable with a high degree of accountability of your work
- Keen attention to detail – ability to see through problems and correctly identify the root cause
- Critical thinking – identify problems that also help provide novel solutions to assure the quality and safety of products and services
- Creativity – able to generate unique ideas for problems or innovative ideas for new products
- Engage in a broad range of design activities including the design of sheet metal, machined, cast and injection moulded components
- Producing engineering drawing to BS8888 standard
- Undertake design simulations using CFD and FEA
- Understand CE marking requirements and design-in compliance
- Undertake six sigma projects
- Undertake prototyping activities to validate designs before release to production
- Help define quality control criteria and safety guidelines
- Test products and evaluate results to identify problems and suggestion solutions
- Produce detailed design in 3D and 2D CAD (Solidworks) acting as a technical expert on products and processes including skills in surface modelling
- Maintain product documentation adhering to change control processes
- Experience with refrigeration/optical systems would be a significant benefit
- Office based
- Hold a Bachelors Degree
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- At least 5 years experience working in a similar role
- Ideally have skills in industrial design and ability to product concept sketches
- Familiar with ISO9001 and associated design and development processes
- Have a good understanding of common manufacturing processes
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for further information and apply!
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...