Credit - Greater Manchester - This Area Only | Zoek UK | a4f643
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Credit Controller - Manchester - Immediate Starts
Greater Manchester - This Area Only
£21000 - £24000/annum benefits
Permanent (Full time)
Sewell Wallis are currently recruiting for an experienced Credit Controller to join a well known, established services company based within central Manchester. Due to a period of growth, this is a newly created role. This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that has experienced double digit growth for the past three years without exception and is an investor in people. The role itself will report directly into the Credit Manager but the successful candidate will gain exposure to the Financial Director and will gain start to finish credit control experience. This is a great opportunity to join a business where you can really grow with the business and develop and progress, long term wise. Due to business growth and an extremely busy period of time, immediate starts are available for the right candidate.
The main duties of the role will be -
- Reviewing and analysing aged debt and making high volumes of calls to recover monies.
- Agreeing debt collection targets and negotiating payment plans.
- Payment handling.
- Ensuring that credit notes are processed correctly, monitoring reasons for credit notes being raised.
- Identifying problem debts that require escalation and liaising with the Credit Control Manager as appropriate.
- Allocating cash.
- Reconciling accounts.
- Maintaining relationships with both colleagues and clients.
- Actively engaging, on a monthly basis, with managers and partners on debt status and preparing monthly summary reports.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required including invoice coding and running system reports.
- Have experience of working within a Finance team and will have proven experience of reducing aged debt.
- Be on a short notice period and will be able to start a new role quickly.
- Have experience of working within a fast paced environment.
- Be confident with the full credit control process.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to communicate at all levels and be able to liaise with managers and clients.
- Be able to prioritise your own workload to meet deadlines.
- Strong IT skills.
For further details please contact Gemma Watmough.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions