Secondary SEN Teaching Assistant | Zoek
Secondary SEN Teaching Assistant
Daventry, Northamptonshire, England
£57 - 70 per day
Permanent (Full time)
We are currently recruiting for a secondary SEN Teaching Assistant in the Daventry region. The position is at a specialist SEN school that caters for pupils with a primary need of cognition and learning (profound, complex or severe learning difficulty) and may have additional difficulties, such as physical disabilities, communication difficulties and autistic spectrum conditions.
The school believes that all young people should be provided with appropriate education in a safe, stable, containing learning environment. Special needs teaching assistants are given opportunities to succeed through the use of highly personalised individual education plans to help support their students.
- Sensitivity and understanding
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- To enjoy working with other people
- The ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- To be flexible and open to change
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of teaching and the ability to design courses
- Knowledge of psychology
In this role you could be:
- Preparing learning materials under the supervision of the teacher
- Working inside or outside the classroom with individuals or groups
- Adapting support according to needs
- Looking after children's physical, social and emotional welfare
- Creating a stimulating environment
- Giving information and help to teachers
- Keeping records and attending review meeting
The school will provide access to specific training, like British Sign Language and Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) courses. They may also provide training on learning difficulties like dyslexia or autism. With experience, you may take a course to become a higher level teaching assistant (HLTA). With further study you could become a fully qualified SEN or mainstream teacher.
Teaching Personnel are the UK’s leading Education Recruitment Agency and we are recruiting for similar vacancies across Northamptonshire.
In order to register with Teaching Personnel, candidates are required to have Child Workforce DBS registered on the update service. All candidates are required to complete a Safeguarding course through Teaching Personnel, or provide a relevant safeguarding certificate during your registration process. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory vetting checks and references.
If you are interested in this role then please contact Harry at Teaching Personnel on######### .
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Posted 12 days ago