Support Worker - Guildford | Zoek
Support Worker - Guildford
£9.50 - 9.50 per hour
Permanent (Full time)
Job Title: SUPPORT WORKER
Pay Rate: £9.50 p/h
Hours: Full Time/Part Time
About the Role
Our Client is looking for Full Time and Part Time Support Workers to join their friendly Supported Living team based in Woking/Guildford.
Providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to lead as ordinary life as they can achieve. You must be able to work with challenging behaviour and personal care. You will also need to support services users out in the community and fishing!
You will need to be flexible as you are required to work shifts including bank holidays, weekends and potentially sleep ins.
If your best traits are positivity, friendliness and innovation then this job is for you!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment
- To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality
- To support service users with the preparation of meals, laundry duties, cleaning and social events
- To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required To work as part of a team to provide high quality care.
The Successful Candidate for the role will have
- NVQ in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards
- Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues
- The ability to keep calm under pressure
- Confidence to work alone and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- The passion to work with vulnerable Adults.
- The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding.
We offer Permanent contracts 37.5 hrs per week.
We provide a full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards.
We provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care.
Career progression path within the company.
Competitive rates of pay.
Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme.
Various shift patterns available to suit your lifestyle.
DBS check paid prior to starting.
By applying for this role you accept the Recruiterlink terms and conditions that can be found on our website and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs
Posted 43 days ago