DT teacher - Barnet | Zoek UK | a83ab0
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
DT teacher, Septermber 2021, Barnet
Barnet, Greater London, England
£120 - £121 per day
Design Technology Teaching job
Starting September 2021
Prospero Teaching is looking for a Design Technology Teacher for an Ofsted "Good" Secondary school in Barnet. To start in September 2021 the Headteacher is seeking an enthusiastic, committed and creative Design Technology within their very successful creative Design Technology Department
The school is a medium/large secondary school with a supportive and constantly developing Design Technology department. The school is going from strength to strength and providing CPD throughout the year.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
- A mixed, successful and popular, multicultural, comprehensive school situated in a leafy part of Barnet.
- Approx 1000 students on roll
- Ofsted Good in its recent inspection
- Outstanding department with state-of-the-art facilities
- CPD throughout the year.
THE DESIGN TECHNOLOGY DEPT:
The Design Technology department is solid, the Head of Dept is a strong teacher and supportive leader, the dept is well resourced, the team has its own Design Technology area in the school and boasts exceptional resources. The DT department here is very successful, with our students gaining well above average results at both GCSE and A-level.
- Last year's GCSE group achieved GCSE DT 100% A*-C
- Last year BTEC Construction 100% Pass-Distinction*.
- All students study Design Technology & Food Technology in years 7 & 8.
- GCSE class typically have 30-40 students taking GCSE DT (AQA)
- Enrichment is encouraged and the department is open most days after school for students to drop in and work.
All students in years 7 & 8 learn to design and make products in the areas of Resistant Materials, Food Technology, and Graphic Products. During year 7 they have 2 lessons of DT and 2 lessons of FT a fortnight.
During year 8 they have 3 lessons a fortnight which rotates through a carousel of the three DT areas.
At Key stage 4 students can then have the option to take Food Technology or Product Design as a GCSE course or opt for BTEC Construction (years 10-11).
The position is open to both Design Technology NQT's and experienced Design Technology teachers. Depending on performance the school would look at either extending the contract or offering a permanent position.
DESIGN TECHNOLOGY CONTRACT DETAILS
Location Barnet, London
Position Design Technology teaching job
Type of work Full Time Design Technology Teaching job
Contract or position start date September 2021
Duration / Likely Duration Permanent position
Contract or position end date (if applicable) N/A
Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) Long term
Full time/part time Full time
Minimum rate of pay in line with your pay scale
Hours 8 am - 3:30pm, plus parents' evenings
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND DESIGN TECHNOLOGY TEACHER QUALIFICATIONS
- QTS or equivalent
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS DESIGN TECHNOLOGY TEACHING JOB THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THIS DESIGN TECHNOLOGY TEACHING POST:
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
PROSPERO TEACHING IS ABLE TO OFFER THE SUCCESSFUL DESIGN TECHNOLOGY TEACHER:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
In-house Training and Development Team
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...