Assistant Construction Manager | Zoek
Assistant Construction Manager
Stepps, North Lanarkshire, Scotland
£27,000 - £32,000 per annum
Permanent (Full time)
Morrison Utility Services are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Construction Manager to work on our Caledonia Water Alliance (CWA) contract in Scotland.
As an Assistant Construction Manager you will be part of our Major Projects Team who are responsible for a portfolio of mains out/resilience projects, delivering on behalf of Scottish Water. You will be responsible for management and safe delivery of the construction works in line with agreed budgets and timescales.
As the Assistant Construction Manager your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Strategic health, safety and environmental management and planning of construction and commissioning activity
- A good understanding of Principal Contractor duties and responsibilities, (as CWAs representative), in conjunction with CDM 2015 regulations
- Delivery/management of all construction activities to the time, cost and quality requirements defined in the project plan(s)
- Work closely with planning team to build delivery programmes and monitor progress
- Work closely with the commercial team to manage on site costs in line with overall project LBE and target costs
- Champion risk management for the project, ensuring threats, opportunities, issues & project objectives are managed accordingly
- Preparing construction progress reports for the CWA Management team
- Ensuring the collation of construction completion and detailed site activity records
- Managing the construction/sub-contractor’s site staff and subcontracts
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions
- Liaise with clients on all aspects of water quality management and environmental issues
- Desirable to have SMTS / CSCS Black Card / IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- Desirable to have a Construction qualification within the water industry
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- My Rewards Benefits
M Group Services delivers a range of essential infrastructure services within the utilities (electricity, gas and water), transport, telecom and data capture sectors in UK & Ireland
We have built and maintained relationships with our clients over a number of years and have a strong culture that continuously focuses on safety, operational delivery, efficiency and customer service
We are committed to profitable growth both organically and through acquisitions. M Group Services, a trusted employer to c. 8,000 skilled specialists working from 100 locations, operates a divisional structure aligned with its end markets to meet our clients’ needs.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.
Posted 14 days ago