Graduate Teaching Assistant | Zoek
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester, England
£285 - 300 per week
Permanent (Full time)
Teaching Personnel are looking for graduates who wish to work within the education sector. The 'Future Teachers Programme' has been created by Teaching Personnel to aid your development into a career post University. If you wish to gain practical experience prior to enrolment of formal teacher training this is the programme for you!
This programme is within Primary schools across Greater Manchester, particually in the Oldham and Tameside area, with most placements running up to a year in length. Teaching Personnel offer ongoing support throughout the placement with access to professional development courses and lesson resources. Once a term your local consultant will visit the school to meet you and your assigned mentor teacher to discuss your progress.
Many teachers say their job is endlessly rewarding and incredibly fulfilling. If youre confident and willing to be creative, you can have great job satisfaction and fun whilst teaching your lessons. Generally the lessons that will engage the children most are the ones you enjoy and based on a subject that you love. Being a Teacher means you can be sure every day you will be surrounded by energetic and enthusiastic children who speak their minds. Whether you wish to teach secondary, primary or within SEND schools, one of the main reasons people go into teaching is the joy of working with children and young people. Make a difference everyday!
Benefits to this role include;
- Monday to Friday 8:30-16:00 timetable
- Placement upon graduating from University
- GBP285-GBP300 a week pay
- Access to Teaching Personnel's CPD courses at discounted rates
- Practical training and experience
- Wages received by PAYE and not an umbrella company
Desirable subject specialisms include;
- Early Years & Childhood Studies
- P.E & Performing Arts
Whilst in placement you will;
- Keep a journal of your day to day experience
- Observe lessons to develop a broad knowledge of teaching styles/methods
- Discover how different members of staff provide effective differentiation, manage behaviour and conduct non subject activities such as registration and assemblies
- Gain experience in assessment for learning
- Create a lesson plan
- Deliver at least one lesson per term when confident on the schools approach to learning
- Gain experience in learning outcomes - You will observe pupils and be able to actively identify which pupils require support to uncover their barriers to learning
- Work with all staff to support the pastoral systems in place to aid pupil development
- Learn the school policies and discover why and how they developed
- Learn the curriculum in your Key Stage and identify the areas of your degree which can be applied and present this to the school
- Support pupils through examination preparation
- The ability to provide and deliver pupil interventions
You will need to apply for a DBS and register this with the update service prior to working within schools
If this sounds like the opportunity for you and wish to know more information I would love to hear from you! Please click apply now!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Posted 23 days ago