Data Analytics Developer - East London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Data Analytics Developer
East London, Greater London, England
60000.0000 - 70000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
A public sector organisation, which offers an number of serious roles. With great ethics and culture, employees love being in the office. Not only is this a great environment to work in, they are also us the very latest technology unlike some competitors. They will also encourage you to develop your skills through courses and other certifications.
Internally you will be working with staff at all levels, including Digital Services colleagues, internal customers and business sponsors. Externally you will be expected to liaison with appropriate external support organisations.
Role & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the timely delivery of data analytic technical artefacts that meet the business objectives, according to the relevant Sprint Plan and Project deadlines.
- Developing and maintaining the organisation's front-line Data Analytic platforms. So that Financial Audit and Value for Money outputs and the Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solution for the purposes of Enterprise Reporting and back-office Analysis.
- Will be expected to work under the Head of Data Services helping to design and deliver the optimal Data Analytics solutions required by the business. They are also expected to collaborate alongside the other teams within Digital Services, both operationally and for cross-departmental projects.
Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of relational database technologies and concepts, in particular SQL Server & T-SQL is essential.
- Clear communication skills in dealing with a range of customers, clear abilities to recognise and respond to business issues and priorities is essential.
- Strong analytic skills, good problem solving is essential.
- Previous experience of developing on-premises Corporate BI using the classic Microsoft BI stack. Highly desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of classic Microsoft Business Intelligence Tools - SSIS, SSAS (MDX & DAX), SSRS. Highly desirable.
- Experience creating Dashboards with Power BI/ Tableau Desktop. Highly desirable.
- The ability to learn and develop cloud-based data analytic development skills rapidly and effectively is important.
- An understanding of Dimensional data modelling Kimball is required.
- Previous exposure to working using Agile methodology would be highly desirable, in particular using Azure DevOps to manage personal workload.
- Azure Data Factory, Azure Data brick
- Classic Microsoft BI stack
- Azure Portal, ARM or Terraform
- SSIS, SSAS (MDX & DAX), SSRS
- Azure DevOps
- Power BI/ Tableau Desktop
- Flexible working 2/3 Days in the office
- 35 days holiday- 40 days once employed for 5 years
- Industry leading pension scheme up to 30-35%
- Season ticket loan/ Bike Scheme/ Subsidised gym membership