Senior Mechanical Design Engineer | Zoek
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Permanent (Full time)
Our client is a UK leading engineering support services organisation and employs more than 34,000 people around the world.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is required to join our client's Major Infrastructure Projects Business Unit which supports a significant programme of infrastructure investment to deliver MOD Marine projects. This contract is up to 12 months duration possibly longer.
The main purpose of the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer's role is to assist and support the Lead Design Engineers in the delivery of project scope:
* Give support to planning and scheduling of project activities. Complete work packages including the update of documentations and CAD drawings incorporating changes and checking the outputs are aligned and consistent with the design intent.
* Process and issue documentation and drawings as coherent packages.
* Maintaining the project registers and checking that the correct versions are available
* Prepare work packages for design review and handover
* Check and maintain lifetime records
* Write reports and close out technical queries and data requests.
You will have demonstrable experience and knowledge of engineering works, e.g. civil works, mechanical handling, mechanical or electrical systems / services.
* The ability to follow an engineering process and maintain accurate records and document/drawing revision control.
* Experience in packaging work for others, monitoring that delegated work would be desirable.
An HNC and significant Mechanical engineering experience is the minimum requirement. Preferentially, but not mandatory, the candidate will have a degree or equivalent in an engineering related discipline.
Preferably Chartered Engineer status and member of relevant institute or significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council at CEng level.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Posted 13 days ago