Senior Cook | Zoek
SY16 1EW, Newtown
£8.60 - £9.50
Permanent (Full time)
Shaw healthcare are currently recruiting for a Senior Cook to deliver a quality of food preparation and delivery to our service users in line with our care principles of 'wellness, happiness, and kindness', from within our Kitchen.
You will work as part of the Senior Team in the Home, under the direction of the Home Manager and together with your Catering Team, to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met.
Essential Skills & Duties of a Senior Cook:
- Experience of producing freshly prepared ‘Home Cooked’ recipes is essential.
- An NVQ Level 1/2 or City & Guilds 706/1 & 706/2 is desirable. If you don’t have the relevant qualifications however, we can assist with a tailored training programme to help you further develop for the right candidate.
- Planning & cooking a varied and nutritious diet within budgets, whilst taking into account nutritional and dietary needs of our Service Users.
- The ability to effectively communicate with our care team, service users and visitors.
- Supervising your team to maintain high standards of food hygiene and food safety to ensure all controls, recording and monitoring required by HACCP, are carried out effectively.
This role includes;
- Day shifts only (no nights)
- No split shifts
- Every other weekend off
As the role involves working with vulnerable people your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including referencing and Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Posted 17 days ago