Quality Engineer | Zoek
£32k - 34k per year
Permanent (Full time)
- Are you an HNC/Degree Level Engineer with a solid quality background?
- Do you want to lead a recognised engineering company's quality division?
- Are you looking to develop your career with a supportive and progressive orgaisation?
If you answer yes to all of these questions then please read and apply for the Quality Engineer Lead role!!!
Job Role - Quality Engineer
Operates independently of other business functions but works collaboratively. Influences functional areas & responsible for defining & upholding Quality systems and standards ensuring that all reasonable precautions are taken to provide and maintain working conditions which are safe, healthy and comply with all statutory requirements for Health & Safety. The post holder should take a flexible and adaptable approach to work at all times recognising the need to work effectively as part of a small team / company.
Principle Duties for the role of Quality Engineer/Lead
- Responsible for meeting quality function targets & objectives as defined by the business
- Embed a 'Quality First' culture across all functions and departments of the business ; facilitate and promote quality processes & procedures, leading by example and educating others
- Key point of contact for all issues related to Quality checks, tests and inspections
- Influence across all departments and functions to ensure adherence to Quality systems and standards; carrying out Quality inspections where required & generating check mechanisms (i.e. checklists)
- Key point of contact for customer complaints; responsible for managing follow-up and resolution in a timely manner
- Designs and promotes process improvements across the entire business in order to eliminate the potential for making and repeating mistakes, progressively eliminates all forms of waste and improves customer satisfaction levels.
- To work with department heads regarding quality plans for new products, product release processes, projects and reviewing continuous improvement of quality plans for mature products.
- Support quality assurance agreements with suppliers
- Develops and maintains appropriate metrics so that customer satisfaction can be accurately measured and analysed
- Develops and maintains appropriate mechanisms and processes for measuring & reporting Quality related data; ensuring regular reporting of data and effective utilisation of data received.
- Investigate, resolve and report on root cause analysis and corrective actions for quality failures
- Builds relationships and shares knowledge with counterparts in the wider Forbes Marshall group and actively promote integrated ways of working for joint success
- Co-ordinates Quality audits and certification reviews, hosting external and customer visits when required
- Regularly review quality and regulatory requirements and ensure compliance is achieved
- Maintains visibility in all departments and acts as a trusted knowledge source
- Provide feedback and solutions to the Management team regarding potential hazards or areas for improvement
- Maintain Health & Safety records, policies, procedures and safe systems of work
- Reporting any deviation of the companies Health & Safety procedures or missing resources required to the General Manager / Managing Director
- Co-ordinate annual Health & Safety audit
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation and requirements
Qualifications & Skills
- Engineering degree (at HND level or higher) or equivalent experience;
- in depth knowledge & experience of Electronics Engineering;
- working knowledge of complex technical issues and associated product range; comprehensive understanding of industry specific Quality standards including ISO;
- understanding of industry leading manufacturing standards and techniques (i.e. lean six sigma); prior experience working in Quality functions in bespoke manufacturing operations is preferred.
A permanent role
Working for a globally recognised business
Posted 38 days ago