Shift Manager | Zoek
Corby, Northamptonshire, England
£30k - 40k per year
Permanent (Full time)
Overall Purpose of the Role:
- Lead the manufacturing function within budget and output targets to meet customer requirements and standards.
- Full accountability for ensuring safety, customer quality, cost and delivery requirements are met. Responsible for developing an enthusiastic, motivated and flexible team by building working relationships ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Manage the team on best practice and establish standard policies and procedures whilst also mentoring and leading teams.
- Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes.
- Support the development of operational Strategic plan
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice manufacturing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organisation
General and Task Management `
- Effectively and efficiently manage the production of the required daily/weekly/monthly targets in line with customer specifications, meeting quality and delivery expectations, minimising costs where possible and ensure the required best working practices are maintained at all times
- Responsible for plant production, financial performance, meeting customer requirements and maintaining the orderly and productive operation of planned activities
- Ensure the target productivity level is achieved on a daily basis
- Ensure the delivery of the People Strategy within area of accountability
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing manufacturing team that meets agreed objectives, and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels, managing holiday allowances, recruitment, training, development, appraisal, attendance, disciplinary issues and daily supervision to maximise efficient productivity
- Motivate and coach the team to operational success. Provide technical expertise to the team.
Financial and Budget Control
- Input and hold responsibility for manufacturing budgets
- Prepare the annual Manufacturing budget and forecasts and all Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with legal standards. Manage the budget from identification to completion of projects
- Responsible for achieving budget and forecast
- Work as part of the Management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimise results and improve quality of delivery, in line with quality standards requirements delivery in line with Company and Customer requirements
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance Ensure an effective interface with other departmental staff is maintained
- Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and other service providers Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the purchasing strategy
- Communicate with stakeholders the impact of market change and potential effects on engineering design and development.
- Recommend solutions without compromising quality or service while optimising cost
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Manufacturing activities
For a full job decription and overview of the company please contact Bryan:
Good luck with your application, however if you have not recieved a response within 5 working days please deem your application as unsuccesful.
Posted 12 days ago