Warehouse Operative | Zoek
GL20 8GY, Tewkesbury
Permanent (Full time)
Harvey’s Furniture, Bensons for Beds and Concorde Logistics, employing over 3,500 passionate and dedicated staff and operate from over 450 retail stores and 12 distribution centres across the UK.
We are currently recruiting a full time permanent Warehouse Operative who will be responsible to ensure that all daily warehouse tasks are completed under the supervision of the Warehouse Team Leader.
This Role currently pays £9.30 per hour
You will be involved in the receipt, storage and loading of customer specific orders and stock,into the delivery units ready for delivery.
Ensuring compliance is met within Steinhoff UK Retail Ltd.’s legal and procedural requirements.
To contribute to optimising our Customer Service delivery operation so that we remain a leading provider of logistics services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensure safe handling and storage of all customer products in-line with company procedures
- Order picking from storage areas ensuring that correct stock is picked from the correct location
- Movement of incoming stock from suppliers using manual and mechanical operations
- Visual safety checks prior to use of manual and mechanical equipment ensuring that all defects are reported
- Marshalling of picked stock to correct loading bay in readiness for checking
- To load distribution vehicles in a safe, presentable manner, highlighting any errors or damages
- Process returned goods back in to the warehouse
- Carry out stock counts as required by Line Management
- To maintain high standards of site house-keeping in all areas of the Warehouse
- Work to standard operating procedures in line with company policy
- To maintain high levels of Health and safety awareness and report any areas of concern to a Team Leader or Manager immediately
- To lift, manoeuvre and load various types of customer products (of various weights) as required
- To ensure that all lifting and manoeuvring of product is carried out in accordance with manual handling procedures
- To participate as an effective and willing team member in order to achieve individual and team goals
- To ensure the health and safety of Self, Customers and Colleagues is not at risk, by taking all reasonable steps to ensure safety in the workplace.
- To adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
Whats in it for you
- You will receive a salary of £19,344.00 on a 40 hour week.
- Annual pay reviews
- Employee Discount
- Retail Trust scheme
- 28 days annual leave, increasing to 31 days after 2 years service
what we are looking for
- Previous experience of working within a warehousing environment
- Previous experience of Warehouse Management Systems would be beneficial
- Previous manual handling experience
- PPT Licence
- Ability to lift and manoeuvre heavy customer products
- Understands the importance of their role in Home delivery and its contribution to the wider customer experience
- Understands the importance of an effective warehousing operation to the wider customer experience
- Self-Motivated, disciplined & Positively contributes to the team, creating a ‘Great place to work’
- Desire to deliver on our promises to our customers.
If this sounds like you , we would love to have a chat
Please Click Apply
Posted 6 days ago