Associate Director Mechanical Design - Datacentre | Zoek
Associate Director Mechanical Design - Datacentre
London Borough of Southwark, UK
£80000 - £85000 per annum + + Excellent Benefits Package
Associate Director - Mechanical Design Circa £85K
Datacentres / Mission Critical
Consultancy, Building Services
This role is with a truly global consultancy, they have completed some of the largest and most complex projects. They boast professionals in hundreds of disciplines providing a spectrum of services not limited to building services engineering, energy and sustainability, smart building, commissioning and digital management.
The purpose of the role is to provide management of an engineering team as Project Leader. Monitoring and delivering projects, maintaining technical quality whilst achieving maximum profitability, monitoring and coaching all staff performance within a team. Work is primarily within the datacentre field.
To manage project delivery, establish client brief, technical requirements, scope of works, cost plan and agree deliverables, such as reports, specifications and drawings scope for all projects within the team. With the director agree level of service commensurate with fee and assist with invoicing.
- Monitor resources relative to each project.
- Carry out engineering concept design to detailed design, tender and contract on site supervision, through to completion.
- Ensure all design projects and reports within the team are technically compliant, to a consistent quality and standard.
- Monitor contract staff or third-party appointments.
- Maintain excellent client relationships and contacts to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business.
- Develop new business opportunities where appropriate and participate with company presentations.
- Motivate yourself and manage staff to build high performing teams.
- Monitor and control project progress, design variations and project financial budgets.
- Carry out staff Personal Development Plans in accordance with the procedures.
Skills & Requirements
- Extensive experience (circa 10 years) especially in designing and managing large scale. projects including datacentres.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Experience of monitoring contract staff or third-party appointments.
- Able to undertake computer modelling organise and direct the production of CAD drawings (as senior engineer).
- Experience in the same or similar position is desired.
- The ability to project a positive and professional attitude and motivate a team.
- Educational qualifications to a degree level or equivalent are desired.
- Chartered status.
- Personable and a 'can do' attitude with resource management experience
- Able to establish rapport and good working relationships within the project team and clients
- Able to write originally scripted specification
- Experienced user of industry standard design software (e.g. Amtech, Dialux, Revit, Bluebeam etc) and be able to help develop the skills of junior design team members in this area.
- Experience on site monitoring projects, working with contractors and witnessing testing and commissioning activities.
Posted 7 days ago