Brackley, Northamptonshire, England
£14 - £15/hour
Unspecified (Part time)
Our client, a specialist, independent publisher of books and resources for professionals working in education, counselling and social care (supporting the mental health and emotional wellbeing of children and young people from early years to young adults), is seeking a Finance Assistant to join their Brackley team on a part time basis of 15/16 hours per week across 5 days, Monday to Friday.
Working from their offices in Brackley, the successful applicant will support the business in finance and administration.
Responsibilities for this Finance Assistant job role include:
* Creating and maintaining client and supplier files and records on a bespoke CRM and finance package within the publishing sector - full training given.
* Processing orders and sales invoices.
* Calculate and submit PAYE and VAT returns.
* Generating purchase orders and reconciling invoices.
* Dealing with invoice queries and posting payments.
* Credit control.
* Bank account, Amazon and PayPal ledger reconciliations.
* Taking monthly accounts to trial balance
* Stock control and providing information for reprints and the ordering of books and supplies from other publishers and suppliers.
The most suited candidate will have previous experience in working in a finance support position and be familiar with the accounts process, including Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger and Credit Control. You will have experience of using Microsoft packages (Word, Excel and Outlook) and happy to turn your hand to any task that's required, supporting other areas of the business from time to time.
Working hours of 15/16 hours per week can be flexible (but fixed when established), ., 9am to 12pm, 11am to 2pm, 3pm to 5pm for example, working a total of 15/16 hours per week. Our client is offering an hourly rate of up to c. £ per hour (DOE).
This is a pivotal role within a dynamic and expanding company. In addition to technical ability, enthusiasm and initiative are essential