Teaching Assistant | Zoek
Doncaster, South Yorkshire, England
£9.20 - 10.50 per hour
Temporary (Full time)
SEND Teaching Assistant
£9.20 - £10.50
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.
The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: At least 3 months relevant classroom experience or transferrable experience working with individuals with SEND
Contract Dates: N/A this is a temporary supply role
Vision for Education are looking for experience teaching assistants, with experience in SEND to work on a supply basis in Doncaster. It is a great opportunity to gain more experience within an extremely rewarding environment.
The role of SEND Teaching assistant will support and assist students aged 16 - 25 years old, as well as working as part of a team with other staff members and supporting parents and other family members. The successful candidate will be creative and imaginative, with a good knowledge of entry level Mathematics and English.
Special educational needs of the students include but are not limited to ASD, learning difficulties moderate to severe, hearing impairments, complex needs and behaviours that challenge.
In addition to the above, you would be expected to support the class teacher in maintaining day to day smooth running of the room to with you are assigned to and will have the confidence and enthusiasm to ensure that high quality support is provided.
This role can come with challenges but is highly rewarding, engaging with vulnerable young people, families and other agencies to help them develop and achieve to the best of their ability.
This nursery specialises in the support of young people and their parents. With an excellent care and support network and a stimulating learning environment, this is something that the successful candidate will need to embrace.
To be considered for the position of teaching assistant you will:
- Have at least 3 months experience working in a similar role - residential support work will be considered as transferable
- British Sign Language level 2 is highly desirable but not required for all students
- A good understanding of entry level Maths and English
- Have experience supporting children with a range of SEND or have worked in a similar setting
- Be available asap on a minimum of 3 days per week
- Be comfortable to assist with personal care if required
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team, have a nurturing and caring nature
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria)
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period)
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to
- FREE CPD to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350
- Regular social events £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme
- Access to a dedicated SEND consultant, who will provide ongoing support
How to apply
If you are a qualified Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Sheffield Branch on#########
Posted 19 days ago