HGV Driver Class 2 | Zoek
HGV Driver Class 2
Palmers Green, Greater London, England
£Competitive + Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
How important is this role to the business?
As the Cat C / HGV Class 2 Driver in Travis Perkins, you will play an integral part in the day to day running of our business. Its really important that our customers get their deliveries in one piece, on time, every time, making sure we are working better for customers and providing a first class service. Safety is our number one priority, keeping our colleagues and customers safe at all times, especially whilst unloading, loading and driving our lorries. You will act as an ambassador of the Travis Perkins business, working as part of a team ensuring that our customers expectations are not just met, but exceeded.
What will I be doing?
- Want a work life balance - Our working hours are based on a 44.5 hour week (Monday to Friday between the hours of 06:30 17:00, every other Saturday 08:00 12:00).
- You will be carrying out multidrop deliveries from our branch direct to our local customers.
- Itll be down to you to make sure the vehicle is loaded properly, safely and in line with road and transport legislation.
- When you get to your destination, youll be the ultimate professional, polite, helpful and the face of Travis Perkins.
What experience do you need?
Experience is advantageous but not essential as long as you have an ability to learn quickly, a strong work ethic and are physically fit. You will need to have held a full UK driving license for at least 12 months, a HGV Class 2 license which is Cat C (7.5 - 32 tonne) and able to provide CPC training records. Ideally you will have experience in the operation of Hiab equipment, specifically crane, however, this is not essential as we will put you through thorough training and fund it. We are looking for candidates with exceptional customer service experience, health & safety awareness, the rest we can teach you along the way. We will provide you with a great introduction into our business and provide you with all the tools needed.
Does this sound like you?
We hope you can say Yes to all of the characteristics below - they are in the DNA of all our fantasticCat C / HGV Class 2 Drivers. Are you:
- Someone that is highly adaptable, resilient and tenacious with high levels of energy and drive.
- Someone who thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Have exceptional customer service experience, be able to work under pressure efficiently and safely and have a flexible attitude to work.
- Be fit and healthy with a certain level of physical strength in order to load and unload our lorries of building materials.
- Career focused and want to build a career to become a key player in the success of a large PLC?
Being a TP Driver gives you a fantastic opportunity to excel - you can work towards winning our highly prestigious 'Driver of the Year' Award. We will continue to develop your career if you choose, fully support you annually with CPC training and fund it, and we will support you with a development plan that embraces our values - we call them Cornerstones. These areWorking For Our Customers, Upholding Family Values, Being The Best, Keeping People Safe, Making Decent Returns.
You may not know much about Travis Perkins, but if you look a bit closer you might be surprised. We have been recognised as one of the UKs Top Employers every year since 2010, and we can offer employees access to extensive career opportunities across our Group with 20+ leading businesses. We operate out of more than 2,000 outlets nationwide and have over 28,000 colleagues.
Posted 20 days ago