Project Manager - London | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Project Manager - Highways
London, Greater London, England
£50000 - £80000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Senior Project Manager – Highways
OUR CLIENT is a global network of experts working with clients, communities, and colleagues to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges. From design and engineering to construction and management, OUR CLIENT's technical knowledge, local connections and broad market experience allow us to deliver specialized services across the entire project life cycle.
Are you a Project Management professional looking to work on projects that make a difference and enhance the world around us?
If so, we are looking to attract the finest talent to be part of this journey as we mobilise for several key opportunities across a broad portfolio
We are looking for Senior Project Managers, with previous Highway sector experience to join our National team to work on a variety of interesting and challenging projects. You will be joining a growing team of like-minded people that have a passion for innovation and delivering cutting edge solutions.
Role / Office Location: National
Team: Building and Places - Infrastructure
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be expected to lead a team to successfully manage and deliver capital investment projects. This role involves providing client-side project management support during all stages of the project delivery lifecycle from option studies, option development, construction tender support through to NEC or JCT contract administration. Ideally you will have a background in civil engineering design and experience of the delivery of a range of multi-disciplinary projects within highway environments. You’ll be familiar with working in large, geographically dispersed multidisciplinary design teams on projects at varying stages of development from feasibility to detailed design and construction.
* Ensure projects delivered under your leadership are executed to quality, cost, and time.
* Client-side project management, including stakeholder, schedule, and contract management
* Development and delivery of business cases
* Preparing and maintaining schedules, including dependencies and resources
* Identifying and monitoring project risks and opportunities
* Quality management processes for project activities and outputs
* Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests
* Establishing and maintaining project governance reviews
* Developing and managing teams
* Managing suppliers
* To provide effective support to Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers
* Ensure commissions are managed to the right quality standards and are completed efficiently and on time
* Strong relationships are developed with clients and members of the cross-functional team
* Business development opportunities with existing and new clients, including cross- selling opportunities, are identified, and acted upon
* Be the primary interface with OUR CLIENT’s clients (New and Existing)
* Provide leadership within project management business and provide leadership and mentoring to the team
* Ensure all staff members reporting to you have current and relevant training
* Manage the delivery of project management team outputs, in accordance with agreed timescales and quality standards
* Co-ordination and sign off on all management information produced by project management teams prior to issue
* To ‘win’ clients through strong business development skills
* Management of tender documents, appraisals, and negotiations
Experience of working within a client organization, either directly or through a co-location/secondment arrangement.
Experience leading and managing a team
Practitioner of NEC suite of contracts, particularly the Professional Services Contract (PSC) and Engineering and Construction Contract (ECC)
Experience of working as part of integrated, multi-organisation, collaborative teams
Infrastructure and project management experience.
Excellent communication and organisational skills.
Highly motivated and with excellent industry network.
Relationship building skills –ability to build strong relationships with clients, teams, and stakeholders as well as an ability to build and maintain networks of business contacts.
Strong stakeholder management experience.
Passionate about project management and furthering your career with a leading construction consultancy
Good technical writing skills and knowledge of reading drawings and tender documents, etc
Good client-facing and communication skills, ability to build long-term relationships
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Proficient in both spoken and written English
High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, self-starting, well-disciplined and commercially astute
A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful, and flexible
Previous consulting experience
Knowledge of Project Governance and Development Processes for Highways England and / or Local Authorities.
Awareness and specialist knowledge to ensure safety in highway environments and experience of CDM Regulations
Previous Highways client / Project experience
Education, Professional Qualifications Requirements
The individuals proposed for the role of a Senior Project Manager shall demonstrate:
Minimum of six years’ project management experience
A project management qualification such as PRINCE2 or APM
A relevant degree such as in engineering, environmental science, construction, or relevant subject
Strong history in both contract (NEC3 and 4) and project management.
A member of a related professional body, preferably chartered
A record of delivering complex, high-risk projects successfully including working on civil engineering projects.
The ability to bring big-picture thinking that improves the methods, behaviours, and processes.
A full driving licence, as some travel is involved.
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join OUR CLIENT, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join OUR CLIENT, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighbourhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours