Business Assurance Manager - East London | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Business Assurance Manager
East London, Greater London, England
75000.0000 - 80000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
The Client Hosting and Connectivity team is responsible for the management and operation of client access to Group services for a diversified and geographically dispersed client base, through the provision of secure and reliable connectivity products and services. We collaborate across the Group to maximise client opportunities and take-up of Group services, whilst ensuring the services are compliant from a regulatory, risk and governance perspective.
The Business Assurance Manager will have an excellent grasp of the financial industry with a specific focus on the financial technology landscape. They will own and manage the quality and availability of client facing hosting and connectivity services, overseeing product quality assurance and identifying improvement opportunities. They will operationalize and ensure ongoing compliance to customer and regulatory commitments, by managing processes, procedures, KPIs and reporting across all connectivity products.
The successful applicant will support the Group Head of Global Client Connectivity and product managers in the successful operation and delivery of the hosting and connectivity business, liaising internally and externally with clients and regulators to provide business quality assurance across the portfolio; designing and carrying out compliance assurance reviews, devising and analysing KPI metrics, identifying and implementing improvement actions and demonstrating a commitment to excellence.
- Identify, document and satisfy requirements and commitments associated with the delivery, availability and quality of Hosting and Connectivity (H&C) products; operationalise and manage compliance across the portfolio by designing, implementing and managing an internal governance framework.
- Design, manage and own processes, procedures, KPIs and reporting across all connectivity products (for example determine and implement appropriate KPIs for latency and other key quality metrics to ensure compliance and excellence).
- Design and manage processes for planning, internal/external sign-off and implementation of updates or changes to H&C products (including supporting technology and infrastructure). Maintain oversight of all developments and initiatives relating to H&C.
- Carry out compliance assurance reviews in accordance with the plans for monitoring and reviewing ongoing compliance with relevant regulations
- Gather documentary evidence, interview key staff and analyse the adequacy of policies, procedures and controls against the requirements set out in regulations.
- Analyse and review assurance fieldwork to deliver accurate review reports and develop compliance policies.
- Ensure that the findings of the assurance reviews are used to update materials used in the preparation of self-assessments for regulators.
- Provide advice in implementing appropriate remedial actions.
- Set up and manage KPI reporting process and metrics for H&C products. Determine and implement appropriate KPIs for latency and other key quality metrics.
- Liaison with customers and regulators as required - routine communications/relationship management as well as at times of significant change.
- Active participation in management of incidents, problems and changes relating to H&C from a business perspective (in collaboration with technology and other relevant areas, in particular product managers and capital markets). Act as a point of escalation across products related to operational incidents.
- Clear understanding of end to end mapping of all components required for H&C - technology, infrastructure, people, processes and facilities.
- Active use and maintenance of the mapping for incident, problem, change, business continuity planning, etc.
- Oversight and ownership of Business Continuity Plans and related routine testing, acting as BCM representative for H&C business.
- Management and mitigation of key risks that could impact the H&C business.
- Own data governance and data stewardship activities on behalf of H&C business.
- Represent the H&C Business Service at all relevant operational forums (as standing member or by invitation) - CAB, Risk Committee, SAF, etc.
- Oversee product quality assurance and identify product improvement opportunities.
- Standardise business processes and reporting to facilitate product development. Set up onboarding and training programs to ensure products continue operate efficiently.
Candidate Profile / Key Skills
- 5+ years of experience in global financial markets, with demonstrable experience of working in financial technology services in senior business assurance and quality roles.
- Degree or equivalent and / or relevant professional qualification
- Technical knowledge and experience of networks and connectivity solutions an advantage.
- Business and technical knowledge of existing information and/or trading services.
- Ability to liaise with internal and external regulatory bodies.
- Good team working skills - ability to leverage best attributes of working in a team.
- Good analytical and technical skills.
- Good communication and research skills, and an ability to write for a variety of different audiences.