Senior Import - Greater Manchester - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Import Merchandiser
Greater Manchester - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
An exciting opportunity for an experience Senior Import Merchandiser (menswear)to join a well established company selling into the high street working with UK and International customers. Specialising in the design, manufacture and import of own brand and customer branded goods for retailers, e-commerce and independently owned stores. The role is very hands on looking after the full product lifecycle.
* Travel within the UK and also abroad may be required, so a valid passport will be needed.
Duties to include:
* Working with management and design to develop seasonal range plans for brands and customers
* Costing designs with suppliers and presenting prices to management
* Placing and raising orders with factories and following the order from costing through to delivery. This will include all lab dips, submissions, sample sign offs, fitting, wash testing, approvals, inspections and shipping authorisations
* Experience physically handling the garments, sending out cuttings and garments for costing, creating item cards, raising orders, chasing cp and samples.
* Completing swatches, trim approvals, fit samples, pre prods, production samples, wash testing and measuring in house.
* Sealing with customers and their approvals processes
* Updating and chasing the critical path
* Overseeing shipping, delivery of goods and processing requirements where required on orders
* Liaising with designers, factories, sales team, shipping and accounts departments throughout the order process
* Monitoring sales of stock lines to help feedback to sales and design
* Working with customers – this will be all types . large retailers, wholesalers and some independents.
* Attendances to meetings will also be required
* Must have previous experience as an Import Merchandiser who has physically handled and processed garments in a similar environment, minimum 5 years needed.
* Experience of liaising with overseas factories and handling large customer accounts
* Supervisory skills to enable the mentoring of others
* Flexibility, organisation and communication are vital
* Good attention to detail and accuracy
* Fully computer literate with strong ability in Outlook, Excel and Word.
* Previous experience on Microsoft Navision would be helpful but is not a necessity as training can be provided
* Must be resident in the UK.
* Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Please be aware the duties listed above are an interpretation of the role and do not form any part of your employment contract. Please ask the interviewer any questions about the role that you wish to clarify.
Tagged Resources Limited acts as an employment agency. We have 25 years of Recruitment and Industry experience, working with Retail and Supply Chain markets and have various positions available. If this vacancy does not suit your experience and you are looking for a suitable role please look at our website or follow us on social networking sites. All are updated on a daily basis