Hardware Engineer - Cambridge | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
All experience levels considered (0-10 years)
Reporting to the Head of Hardware
£ competitive salary, flexible working, 25 days annual leave, 5% company pension, private medical insurance, life assurance cover, blended home and office working, employee assistance programme, paid volunteer leave, regular social and wellbeing events and much more.
We are looking for a talented Hardware Engineer to join our team. If you enjoy working as part of a small and dynamic team, where you would benefit from exposure to all aspects of embedded hardware design then this could be the role for you. The position would be ideal for a candidate who has a good understanding of electronic engineering fundamentals and system building blocks and wishes to work within an innovative company with an expanding product range.
*Please note this role is currently 100% remote until coronavirus restrictions ease.
geo aims to create a sustainable future where every household can manage its overall consumption and carbon footprint, without even having to think about it. In addition to providing management systems and data analysis for solar, EV and home heating, the company is the leading supplier of in-home displays to the UK Smart Metering programme and has deployed +6 million units to date. A recipient of the Queen's Award for Innovation, geo combines its smart energy displays, control and automation capabilities with leading edge data science, AI, cloud, firmware, UX, UI and customer insight to create complete carbon management systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Specification, design and development of assigned products, modules and sub-systems for geo's range of IoT energy visualisation, management and control products.
- Working closely with the manufacturing, industrial design, embedded software, system test and product support teams, to ensure successful designs and products.
- Constructing, testing and validating engineering prototypes and assisting in NPI for geo's expanding product range
You will have proven experience in electronic hardware design and be able to demonstrate expertise in a number of the areas below:
- A mix of experience and formal technical education, ideally including a good technical degree
- Interest / expertise in the conceptual design and capture of digital and analogue circuits and system components
- A good understanding of electronic engineering fundamentals and system building blocks . op-amps, power supplies, logic circuits, microprocessors, microcontrollers and serial bus technologies
- Experience of ZigBee, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and low power ISM band RF product design as well as RF validation and characterisation
- Exposure to using 2D/3D CAD and Electronic CAD/CAM packages as well as RF, RED/EMC, Safety testing and certification regimes would be ideal
- Practical electronic and industrial engineering skills including use of soldering and measuring equipment
- A working knowledge of basic embedded software and software development principles would be beneficial
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team in a dynamic environment
To register your interest for this position, please click APPLY and submit your CV and Cover Letter together on one document with your salary expectations and availability.