Delivery Manager - Mansfield | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, England
£41339 - £50526/annum Government Schemed Pension and Packa
Permanent (Full time)
Principal Heat and By-Product Governance and Delivery Manager
Mansfield - £41,339 - £50,526
My client is seeking someone experienced in project and programme delivery to lead the Heat and By-Product Delivery team. You will be working on a range of different projects and being a new role you will have significant opportunity to shape and drive how they deliver heat and by-product projects.
You will be leading a team of project managers to develop a programme of work whilst bringing best practice project management and governance to everything that they do.
Some of the sectors you may be involved in include mine energy, by-products and government to government services.
They carry out a wide variety of essential services from responding to coal mining hazards, to keeping people and the environment safe from mine water pollution.
They are excited about what their future holds. Their work is helping to develop a new sustainable source of renewable energy for the UK. By harnessing the energy from mine water heat, they hope to play a key role towards helping the UK to meet net-zero emissions by 2050.
With a genuine commitment to flexible working, they believe that work life balance is incredibly important. There are a number of benefits that you'll access being a part of their inclusive team including flexi time, days holiday (with an additional 6 days flexi time), civil service pension scheme, gym membership contribution, and professional membership
To lead and maintain an effective programme management function which will support successful delivery of the programmes and projects required by the business including:
* Heat and innovation by-products and services
* New and existing products
* Government to government projects and services
* To lead, provide direction and support the Innovation, by-product and services team. Conduct induction, performance development reviews, development and training of direct reports.
* Support the development of new projects, developing business cases and working directly across the coal Authority and with external partners as appropriate. To provide leadership and support on contractual negotiations and their successful completion.
* Where appropriate, to be responsible for the medium term (3-5 year) strategic planning for Programmes within the teams remit, and communication and integration of these plans into the wider portfolio.
* To implement effective project and programme management and utilise best practice techniques in their delivery.
* Manage and develop project solutions from concept through design to delivery.
* To provide timely and insightful Programme and Project management information to the Head of Innovation, By-Product and Services Delivery and others as required.
* To lead resource and capacity planning outputs and reporting from the Programmes within the teams remit.
* Identify and develop opportunities to minimise cost to the public purse and maximise opportunities
* To provide challenge and assurance through participation in Programme and Project Boards
* To work with the Portfolio Office to maximise synergies and benefits and to tailor standards and procedures for programme and project management within the team.
* Work with the Portfolio Management Office to ensure current and future programmes and projects are delivered in line with best practice project management techniques appropriate to the type and scale of projects and delivering the identified business benefit
* Comfortable with working in new emerging areas at a strategic level you will be a self-starter who is able to lead new programmes and projects from conception through to delivery.
* You will enjoy working as part of and leading a team and building internal and external relationships with stakeholders.
* You may come from a different sector but the priority is someone who has the skills and experience to take on this exciting new role.
* Experience delivering medium to large projects and/or programmes with significant complexity and variety.
* Significant experience of negotiating and completing contracts .
* Significant experience of budget management and financial planning.
* Educated to Degree level or with equivalent experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status